2 hours ago, Uilleam said:

Absolutely.

No matter how disapponting it sounds, we were out thought, and, yes, outplayed. 

It was, over the piece, pretty easy for them. So bloody easy that I don't know where we go from here. 

Starting Morelos from the start might’ve helped( even had he not lasted 90 mins). 

We didn’t win enough battles in that congested midfield, or enough second challenges for loose balls for that matter. Glad Stevie G said he and his staff/ players would accept responsibility. 

8 minutes ago, pete said:

Unfortunately I agree with the ref on this one. McGregor is a late tackle and Jones has totally no interest in the ball. It is A Frustration tackle.

I don't! McGregor was dangerous, Jones was miss timed!. Jones was at the end of  the match and was stupid, McGregor was allowed to influence the match result.

I've yet to see the Morelos incident when he was on the ground after winning a free kick then the Separate Entity FC player slammed the ball into him when he was on the ground.

Before all the '' ref was not to blame '' crew start I'm not saying that, but he did let them away with ,murder again!.

Edited by ian1964

1 minute ago, MacK1950 said:

Just in from game and a very dissapointed person.

What the hell happened to the team I have been watching all season.

McGregor kept us in it no chance with goals.Tav totally out of sorts since Candeias gone.Goldson "bombscare" finally happened at first goal.Katic reasonably dependable today.Flanagan still not a left back

Davis our outstanding player today.Jack what was wrong with him today?.Kamara reasonable game.Aribo reminds me of cowardly Windass.Arfield one game too many.Defoe not his sort of game.

Morelos should have started.Jones usual non productive runs.Ojo getting game because of loan agreement?.

Prior to the game, when thinking about who we should play, I found myself thinking Candeias would have been useful today.  Surprised to find that I felt the same way at full time.  Ojo proved something I suspected beforehand.  I thought he didn't have the right character for a match like this.  Quite a few times he gave the ball up without a fight.  If he goes on to learn from this I'll be pleasantly surprised.

A few players under-performed today; Jack, Goldson, Tavernier and Aribo.  Can't think what was wrong with the first three.  Aribo just looked flat footed.  It's as if he didn't expect the pace of the game today.  If that's the problem then at least he can adapt.  It's too much to liken him to Windass though.

11 minutes ago, pete said:

Unfortunately I agree with the ref on this one. McGregor is a late tackle and Jones has totally no interest in the ball. It is A Frustration tackle.

Think both probably deserved yellow cards.

Jones had no need to even risk it though.  The game was done.

He should be forcing his way into the team rather than spending the next match in the stands.  Ojo's place is there for the taking.

1 hour ago, 917 said:

Worth remembering that we were actually on top when Callum McGregor wiped out one of our players & Madden never even booked him. The exact same thing he sent Jones off for. Could have been a different game, & Madden not sending McGregor off is a direct result of the celtic campaign against him, Tom Boyd’s sectarian comments as well. Rangers need to make a statement about this.

A defeat can be hard to take but please get a grip. 

As I said earlier, the team selection/set up was a bit strange, however is that a reason why non of our players could pass a ball? the players let themselves down with poor individual performances. If that is Separate Entity out playing us then I'm looking forward to the next one!.

1 hour ago, 917 said:

That being said, we were completely outclassed & they looked every inch a team with twice as high a wage bill as us. I keep reading about how they had 5 debutants at the back, but that was their weakness last season & Lennon spent £10million on those players. As if they would miss donkeys like Lustig & Boyata! They look much stronger defensively than before & sadly I do not see them dropping many points this year. 

Did Gerrard actually underestimate them? You simply don’t leave out your best player in your biggest game. Has he fell out with Morelos or something?

I reckon Stevie G was playing the same narrow tactics he beat them with in May, but they are a better team than they looked in that game & we didn’t create any real chances today. 

Not one player looked up for it & Gerrard got outthought by a guy with much more experience of these fixtures than him. Lessons to be learned all round. Of course we were tired, there are still 34 games to play (half before the next OF game) & we surely can play a helluva lot better than that. But on that evidence I don’t see them dropping any points, so looks like we will need to beat them in a Cup to win anything this season. We could get to the last 32 in Europe, but would that even keep Gerrard in a job if they win the treble again??

This post absolutely reeks!

:D

Please get a grip of yourself.