• Borna Barisic
    • Ryan Jack
    • Steven Davis
    • Joe Aribo
    • Scott Arfield
    • Sheyi Ojo
    • Alfredo Morelos

7 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Several good performances again last night with Ryan Jack top drawer and Steven Davis as good as he's been since his return.

Has to be Niko Katic for me.  I thought Goldson started the game better but Katic really stormed into the match and dominated brilliantly at the back.  A late booking perhaps spoilt his copy book but that's not a big deal when he plays so strongly.

I won't get involved in Goldson Katic argument:D but the central defence and Barisic were immense. Tav needs to up his game as he was poor in sections of the game. Morelos should have buried the first-half header. Missed chances like that could cost us dear. Jack and Davis were also excellent and Jordon Jones also deserves a mention for the time he was on. I was totally frustrated by Ojo, he just looks so disinterested in fighting for the ball. The shot after Morelos was blocked just looked like he shit his nappy instead of attacking the ball full throttle. All bookings are now rescinded so we start with a blank canvas.

3 minutes ago, DMAA said:

That isn't exactly his fault. I don't think people realise the amount of ground he is covering in this new formation, without a winger in front of him he is hitting the byline one minute and back in our box the next. We do need to vary our play but like it or not we do still rely on him and you might not notice him when he's there sometimes but you'd certainly notice it if he wasn't, a lot of what we do goes through him.

Surprisingly perhaps, I don’t think about MOTM in terms of “fault”. 

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Surprisingly perhaps, I don’t think about MOTM in terms of “fault”. 

I didn't say he was MOTM I just said he put in a very strong performance, I responded to your point about us have problems relying on him. 

Katic was a warrior and never gave an inch all game.  Was unlucky with a couple of headers at corners too.

The aggro at the end of the game stemmed from one of the Legia players berating and getting into Niko's grill as we was bent over and catching his breath after the final whistle... Which led to Goldson and then both teams piling in. 

Clearly his physical style got to them - another reason for him getting my MOTM vote.

I can understand obviously why so many people went with Katic but for me Jack is our best player and has been for weeks now.  He makes us tick and I still can't believe he's the same player.  Last night I thought he was everywhere and helped control the game.

2 hours ago, compo said:

I voted for Morelos as he was the one that got the goal to see this bunch of actors off .

It's OK, no confession required, the poll is now a secret one.