• Niko Katic
    • Borna Barisic
    • Ryan Jack
    • Steven Davis
    • Joe Aribo
    • Scott Arfield
    • Sheyi Ojo
    • Alfredo Morelos

Katic miles ahead of anyone else last night, a Gough-esque performance and I can give no higher praise than that. If he puts in the same performance on Sunday, we will probably win the game.

Jack is relishing this playmaker role, he sees a lot of the ball and while most of it is simple, (get it, move forward with it and give it) its amazing how if it is so simple we have struggled to find someone to do it as well. However I thought he was too safe last night, too tight, just like most of his teammates, although he was clearly the standout midfielder and second best player behind Katic.

I was disappointed in Aribo last night, he just couldnt get in and influence the game, but the player that really annoyed me was Ojo. When he has pace, power and skill to attack an opponent, why on earth did he continually go and hide in midfield.

Overall really proud of the team effort to get us through, it is a really magnificent achievement to get through 4 rounds of qualifiers, 3 of which we were unseeded, and gets us an Autumn of European football to look forward to. 

52 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Katic miles ahead of anyone else last night, a Gough-esque performance and I can give no higher praise than that. If he puts in the same performance on Sunday, we will probably win the game.

Jack is relishing this playmaker role, he sees a lot of the ball and while most of it is simple, (get it, move forward with it and give it) its amazing how if it is so simple we have struggled to find someone to do it as well. However I thought he was too safe last night, too tight, just like most of his teammates, although he was clearly the standout midfielder and second best player behind Katic.

I was disappointed in Aribo last night, he just couldnt get in and influence the game, but the player that really annoyed me was Ojo. When he has pace, power and skill to attack an opponent, why on earth did he continually go and hide in midfield.

Overall really proud of the team effort to get us through, it is a really magnificent achievement to get through 4 rounds of qualifiers, 3 of which we were unseeded, and gets us an Autumn of European football to look forward to. 

Is Ojo this year's Coulibaly ... start like a train for a few weeks then disappear never to be seen again?

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

Is Ojo this year's Coulibaly ... start like a train for a few weeks then disappear never to be seen again?

Quite possibly @Bill, I hope not but quite possibly. Last night was really poor, I cannot think he will retain his shirt for Sunday when Jones provided a perfect cross for the winner.

13 minutes ago, Bill said:

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Young players have been known to freeze under pressure like this; still time for him to come good. Think what it shows is how much we miss Candeias - Tav. certainly misses him. Could the gap be plugged by Docherty? (He played mostly right mid/wing  for Shrewsbury.) Or even the so far under-used Stewart?

Spot on there. Too many were meh about DC leaving, which I could not understand. It’s not a coincidence that Tav’s form has dipped since he left imo. 

We do need to find the right replacement - Docherty perhaps, but I don’t think Stewart fits that role - and doesn’t have the pace from what I’ve seen anyway. Hastie, if he pushes on could do that, mainly a right winger I believe - albeit left footed. 

Hopefully that’s a position we can look at in the January window.

6 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

Spot on there. Too many were meh about DC leaving, which I could not understand. It’s not a coincidence that Tav’s form has dipped since he left imo. 

We do need to find the right replacement - Docherty perhaps, but I don’t think Stewart fits that role - and doesn’t have the pace from what I’ve seen anyway. Hastie, if he pushes on could do that, mainly a right winger I believe - albeit left footed. 

Hopefully that’s a position we can look at in the January window.

It's worth bearing in mind SG's explanation that Ojo didn't train last week and played last night with bone bruising. You can't expect his best performance under those conditions. I do miss Candieas though. Having both him and Ojo available for selection would be ideal for the squad.

5 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

agree with every single word

17 minutes ago, Thinker said:

It's worth bearing in mind SG's explanation that Ojo didn't train last week and played last night with bone bruising. You can't expect his best performance under those conditions. I do miss Candieas though. Having both him and Ojo available for selection would be ideal for the squad.

Agree we need to cut him some slack - as SG Sid he played through the pain barrier and was decent second half. From early indications I thought Ojo performed better or the left, but we have Jones who’s come in and hit the ground running on that side so I hope Ojo can make a real success operating on the right. But as you also highlighted I think we need another option there.