Current Best Eleven

I think its fair to say SG has been backed heavily by the board since the turn of the summer. I didnt think I would see us signing a 7 million pound player in a hurry again but fair play to the board for getting this deal over the line - I thought the price tag for Helander was big enough. Not only that key assets like Morelos and Tavernier havent been sold despite being linked with big money moves.

Have we perhaps got too much in the final third now? Competition is massive yet we will have plenty games coming up with the Europa, League cup etc.

I dont think we can get away from a 4 at the back. 

Its harsh on Jones who looks great but Kent does walk into the starting XI.

At the back Goldson and Katic start for now but its up to Helander and Edmundson to dislodge them.

I dont think Arfield and Kamara have started the season off too well so they wouldnt make the starting line up for me.

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Katic Barisic

Davis Jack Aribo

Ojo Kent

Morelos

4 hours ago, Gribz said:

I think its fair to say SG has been backed heavily by the board since the turn of the summer. I didnt think I would see us signing a 7 million pound player in a hurry again but fair play to the board for getting this deal over the line - I thought the price tag for Helander was big enough. Not only that key assets like Morelos and Tavernier havent been sold despite being linked with big money moves.

Have we perhaps got too much in the final third now? Competition is massive yet we will have plenty games coming up with the Europa, League cup etc.

At the back Goldson and Katic start for now but its up to Helander and Edmundson to dislodge them.

I dont think Arfield and Kamara have started the season off too well so they wouldnt make the starting line up for me.

McGregor

Davis Jack Aribo

Ojo Kent

Morelos

It depends who we are playing but I would agree with this being the strongest 11 for the majority of our games. I hope Arfield and Jones can really push Ojo and Kent for a spot though.  We need the competition.  I think Helander must be close to dislodging Goldson at the moment.  That would be ruthless by the manager to make that change but it would be better for us and for Goldson in the longer term.

5 hours ago, Gribz said:

McGregor

Davis Jack Aribo

Ojo Kent

Morelos

It is Rumoured that Jones is out for the season so I if true then he won't be worrying about Kent just yet.

11 minutes ago, lenny3k said:

McGregor

Jack Davis Aribo

Arfield Kent

Morelos

Personally wouldn't have Ojo near the first team, i'm not a fan, don't know why, just really not a fan

That's the starting 11 for me, surprised anyone is replacing Arfield with Ojo! I thought at the end of last season that we needed quality over quantity and that 3 quality signings who walk into the first 11 would take us where we needed to be. We went for quantity and only have 1 new player in the our starting 11 which I find quite worrying. I hope it's enough.

• Frankie changed the title to Current Best Eleven

I'm all for nominating our best eleven. It shows the diversity of opinion and challenges pre-conceptions. However, turning this on its head and using it as a basis for criticising certain individual players is as unnecessary as it's unhelpful.

Every player in our "best" eleven will at some point suffer a dip in form or make memorable mistakes. Arfield and Tavernier are examples of that at the moment but you have to assess players in terms of their contribution across a season and both would always be in my Rangers team. It's particularly disappointing to see someone like Ojo simply written off by the end of August - I find it hard to see what constructive purpose is served by condemnation. Ojo was brought in as a young loan player to fill a gap that's now been filled by Kent and has played in most games in a generally good start to the season.