1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

Cosgrove, Jum Spence, and now Michael Stewart have had numerous pops at McBurnie all week.

What's their beef?

Of course, Oli is born'n'bred in England. Further, he admits to being a boyhood Rangers supporter in an ex-pat' Rangers supporting family. 

And there you have it, an easy target for some pundits. McBurnie is from same background as me and my family. Even the Irish don't go after their English born players, else O'Leary, Aldridge, Lawrenson, McAteer, McGrath and Hughton as well as a couple of hundred more would have been singled out!!!

The best Scotland sides I saw were in the early sixties.

Caldow, Baxter and Law would have been in the GB team, possibly Brown and Henderson too before Best developed. Plenty of other Scots players would have been under consideration along with Danny Blanchflower and Jennings (NI) Cliff Jones and Ivor Allchurch (W) and Bobby Charlton, Jimmy Armfield, Jimmy Greaves and Bobby Moore (E)

You could make a decent team out of that. Now you would just have to pick England.

1 hour ago, compo said:

Did we not try a British team in the Olympics,  or am I just havering .

We did in 2012, though we declined to take part and it was just England and Wales with only three over 23s allowed and i think Ryan Giggs as Captain.

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

The best Scotland sides I saw were in the early sixties.

Caldow, Baxter and Law would have been in the GB team, possibly Brown and Henderson too before Best developed. Plenty of other Scots players would have been under consideration along with Danny Blanchflower and Jennings (NI) Cliff Jones and Ivor Allchurch (W) and Bobby Charlton, Jimmy Armfield, Jimmy Greaves and Bobby Moore (E)

You could make a decent team out of that. Now you would just have to pick England.

That would have been some team, i only ever saw Moore in one of his last games for Fulham as a kid after arriving down south with my family.