21:58

Post update

FT: Scotland 0-4 Belgium

d976c74e-425b-4e67-8cf3-cc1c4ca90b57.jpg

Tom English

BBC Scotland's chief sports writer

Quohttps://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/49638613te Message: If [Steve Clarke] can't get Scotland to a major championships then we may as well pack up and go home.

If [Steve Clarke] can't get Scotland to a major championships then we may as well pack up and go home.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/49638613

Another licking.

Cyprus above Scotland in the table.

The problems are so deep routed its probably impossible to turn this around. Everything to a split (anti-Rangers) Fan base to inept governing body to no grass roots.

I notice Englands match against Kosovo tonight is being played at Southampton St Marys stadium. They will get a full house with a good atmosphere. As per my earlier post Scotland should be taking matches against Kazakhstan, Russia etc around the country rather than playing in half empty library Hampden.

Anyone any idea what the attendance was last night?

Edited by Gribz

Last night demonstrated, to even the meanest, most blinkered mind, that there is a significant difference between organising a team of journeymen to modest success in a League where the standard of opposition is, for the most part, poor, and organising a team of journeymen to compete in a tournament where the opposition is, for the most part, superior in technique, and tactics (and in everything else).

The only positive I could take from the performance is that the National XI was able to practice its kick off routines 5 times. 

6 hours ago, Gribz said:

The problems are so deep routed its probably impossible to turn this around. Everything to a split (anti-Rangers) Fan base to inept governing body to no grass roots.

Scottish football was on the decline for years, it was then broken in 2012 when the witch hunt by the Separate Entity FC led SFA tried to kill Rangers FC.

Really got to the point where I couldn't care less when Scotland are playing. 

The last 2 Scottish games I went to. Wasn't to see Scotland it was to see Hazard and Ronaldo (who didn't play). 

I only watched last night because I had a bet on Belgium and I switched off when it came up.

Frankly, I wouldn't piss on the SFA if they were on fire. The idea of supporting their football team or even recognising it as "Scotland" is preposterous. Fuck them all. And I hope Hampden Park is sucked into the bowels of the earth with all aboard.

Edited by Bill

3 hours ago, Crimson Dynamo said:

Really got to the point where I couldn't care less when Scotland are playing. 

Ive gone that way also. Stuck it out longer than many but no longer care about results. I'll always take an interest which is different of course. 

Not going to start on Steve Clarke as he has inherited a mess but he was always a good number 2 or 3 (assistant manager or coach) in England. Just because to took Killie to 3rd in a poor league many thought he would be a Savior. 

but he was talking about picking players up after the Russia game, however he isnt exactly Mr motivation himself, he has always comes across as dour. He isnt exactly Craig Levein level but he isnt quite Strachan. Thats one thing Strachan had about him - always motivated.

Edited by Gribz