New physio joins club from the FA

2 hrs ago

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard reunited with ex-Liverpool physio who joins Ibrox backroom staff

By Mark Hendry  @mhendry92Multimedia Reporter
Rangers boss Steven Gerrard reunited with ex-Liverpool physio who joins Ibrox backroom staff

Former England and Liverpool physio has left his role with the FA to join Steven Gerrard at Rangers.

Matt Konopinski worked with the Gers boss at Anfield for ten years before both departed for pastures new.

They will be reunited now at Ibrox after Konopinski opted to join up with the former Liverpool captain.

The physio is not the first former Liverpool pal Gerrard has brought in to Ibrox to help with his Rangers revolution. Gary McAllister is his assistant manager while Michael Beale is head coach.

Jordan Milsom also works at Rangers as head of performance and Tom Culshaw is technical coach.

Training Ground Guru report that Konopinski left his role as England physio after just one year.

3 hours ago, der Berliner said:

I dread the day when Liverpool comes calling and SG removes all his Liverpool-folk with him ...

That crossed my mind too. Could be looking at a mass exodus of the entire back room staff.

Edited by JFK-1

5 hours ago, der Berliner said:

I dread the day when Liverpool comes calling and SG removes all his Liverpool-folk with him ...

I sincerely hope they do all leave together because Guardiola will certainly want his own people around him.

7 hours ago, der Berliner said:

The director of football can do something about this.

He can ensure that knowledge of the good practices of the current staff will remain after they are gone.

• Frankie changed the title to New physio joins club from the FA