[FT] Rangers 3 - 1 Livingston (Tavernier 55; Morelos 71; Barker 79)

Fairly tepid stuff at Ibrox today. Far too pedestrian in first half but opening goal for Livi thankfully shook us from our slumber into a well deserved win. Was non plussed by Barker signing but he impressed today. Morelos imperious again as well. What a player he is!

Credit to Tav for leading the way once more and manager deserves some praise for making the right subs choice as I'd have preferred Stewart over Barker on the bench. Hopefully players take heart from comeback ahead of Thursday night!

All in all, it wasn't a vintage performance but we showed some character and that's pleasing.  A lot of improvement required though.

That’s twice out of 5 games we have faced a side who have had 2 weeks to practice their brick wall formation and we have struggled badly on both occasions. The one really positive thing is we won both games, but I don’t see a marked difference in tactics or style about us from last year, perhaps a little more hunger but nothing much obvious has changed.

The crowd has to be far more patient and understanding in these types of games, I thought we (the fans in attendance) were terrible from about 20 minutes in, some of the shouts from around me were insane, and I must admit I have had a go at Ojo for hiding and having no appetite for the game, so I take this to myself as well as the other 50k that collectively in games like this we will get better results if we can back the team throughout, even when they are Colin nish.

Players like Ojo & Aribo seem to be confidence based players. If they start well, they have a good game. If they don’t, and we are not winning, they are passengers. They have talent but do they have the right desire?

Was good to see Barker get a chance today and he has laid a claim to see more game time for sure after a confident positive showing. With Jones & Kent going to be out for a few weeks and Ojo out of touch, there should be opportunities for him coming up, I hope he takes them.

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

Credit to Tav for leading the way once more and manager deserves some praise for making the right subs choice as I'd have preferred Stewart over Barker on the bench.

one of the current score apps had Stewart out injured, although I hadn't heard anything. 

Had to go into work today so couldn't watch but checked the score every 10 minutes or so. Was frankly disappointed when it was 0-0 at halftime then despondent when we went 1-0 down. Thoughts of oh no here we go again.

But as Tannochside has mentioned perhaps as a support we're a tad too impatient. This team does appear to have the ability to stick at it and dig a result out of these wall builders. Ideally we need an early goal on these occasions to settle the team and the crowd down and perhaps force the brickies to open some holes in their wall.