Novo calls on Celtic to ban ‘wee p****’ for vile Ricksen insult

EX-RANGERS star Nacho Novo has called on Celtic to hand a life ban to a vile troll who said he couldn’t wait for Fernando Ricksen to die.

Light Blues idol Novo took to social media to slam the yob who mocked his close friend Fernando, who suffers from motor neurone disease.

The Spaniard said: “I’m absolutely disgusted that wee p**** can speak about someone who can’t defend himself.

“I hope the media put this comment in the papers because when a comment was said to Scott Brown about his sister it was front page news so I hope Celtic do the same with that wee b****** and ban him for life.

“We don’t want any favours from anybody but we just want justice ??????.”

The troll’s message was so vile The Scottish Sun decided not to reproduce it in full.

It included the line: “Fernando Ricksen’s a goner soon canny f***ing wait...hurry up and die ya b***ard.”

SunSport has asked Celtic for comment.

Last year former Gers star Fernando slammed online trolls for inflicting pain on his wife with jokes about him dying.

The Scottish Sun last week launched our Respect Our Players campaign in response to the long list of horrendous attacks on footballers who have been attacked on the pitch, on the street and online.

The 2018/19 season was scarred by incidents of sectarian and racist abuse, missiles thrown at players, taunts over mental health issues and fans going on the pitch to target footballers.

This month a 15-year-old boy was charged by cops and banned from Ibrox over a sickening jibe aimed at Celtic star Scott Brown about his sister Fiona’s death in 2008.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4716039/fernando-ricksen-nacho-novo-rangers-celtic-vile-insult-troll/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1568378379

I understand why we are pursuing this, however the best way to deal with these idiots is and always has been to ignore them. They are attention seekers. Guaranteed there will be loads more neds copying this now. And personally I would just rather not see these retweets on my timeline. It certainly wouldn’t do Fernando any favours if he sees this.

42 minutes ago, 917 said:

I understand why we are pursuing this, however the best way to deal with these idiots is and always has been to ignore them. They are attention seekers. Guaranteed there will be loads more neds copying this now. And personally I would just rather not see these retweets on my timeline. It certainly wouldn’t do Fernando any favours if he sees this.

If people know the police could be standing on their door then it may make them think twice about posting such rubbish. Although with Police Scotland's record, maybe not.