Mark Allen to leave as DoF

48 minutes ago, pete said:

Since we are speculating there were a lot of rumours that all was not great between Allen and Gerrard. It was said Gerrard was pissed off at some of the signings he made.

Not sure if I am imagining this but didn't the club state that the manager has the final say on all signings?

3 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Not sure if I am imagining this but didn't the club state that the manager has the final say on all signings?

No, you’re not.  There was a bit of chat around Allen’s appointment and then Gerrard’s appointment to that effect.   I seem to recall a piece on the club website, or perhaps in the papers where the process was explained.  

When Mark Allen arrived he had never been a director of football before. I thought he was trying to establish himself as one while aiming to do that job at another club. That is to say we are a stepping stone for him.

He arrived at the club when it was wasting millions on Mexican duds. It was just about to be dumped out of Europe by a small club from Luxembourg.  Since then the club's transfer dealings have improved massively. It has landed a great manager. It has also qualified for the group stages of the Europa league two years in succession.

He is now in a good position to find a similar role in a club with more money to spend. Good luck to him. I think there will be a few good candidates hoping to succeed him.

Edited by ranger_syntax

28 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

When Mark Allen arrived he had never been a director of football before. I thought he was trying to establish himself as one while aiming to do that job at another club. That is to say we are a stepping stone for him.

He arrived at the club when it was wasting millions on Mexican duds. It was just about to be dumped out of Europe by a small club from Luxembourg.  Since then the club's transfer dealings have improved massively. It has landed a great manager. It has also qualified for the group stages of the Europa league two years in succession.

He is now in a good position to find a similar role in a club with more money to spend. Good luck to him. I think there will be a few good candidates hoping to succeed him.

Are you saying this was solely down to Mark allen for the turnaround?

Edited by Little General

1 hour ago, Little General said:

Are you saying this was solely down to Mark allen for the turnaround?

Hahahahaha!

Yeah, of course that's what I'm saying, and he built Ibrox too and headered in the winning goal for nine in a row also.

What a stupid question!