Huge plans for Edmiston House

4 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

These plans include a proper ticket office, a Museum and a huge cafe

It is unclear whether they will knock it down and start again or completely revamp it, it is currently undergoing treatment for Asbestos 

Great news.

We could do with all three of these things.

I hope it is a new build.

41 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Excellent - would prefer they knocked it down and started again but clearly cost is a factor - especially with regard to the legacy problems.

Sometimes it works out cheaper to knock down and rebuild due to the hidden costs when refurbishing.

Remember it used to be Rangers Club,another part of history ruined by greedy people with hands in the till.

You could get in for a pint on match days with a member but a tie had to be worn.

I was a member and seen a few decent shows on some Saturday nights.

10 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Remember it used to be Rangers Club,another part of history ruined by greedy people with hands in the till.

You could get in for a pint on match days with a member but a tie had to be worn.

I was a member and seen a few decent shows on some Saturday nights.

Aye I remember that too Mack. I think that whole building was eventually owned by Response handling as a call centre, which was another of Murray’s companies. I can’t remember why the Rangers club closed?

Edited by cooponthewing

2 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

I can’t remember why the Rangers club closed?

It was being run relatively successfully under Ian Armstrong and Sylvia but when Armstrong 'left', the new guy just wasn't as good at getting a crowd in and I think people's tastes were changing and the use of the club fell away.