Poland Needs You

The following headline on the BBC website reminds me of a previous attempt by Poland to stop its talent draining away in the years after it joined the EU. They claimed the Polish economy would be severely compromised for decades to come and needed to do everything they could to persuade people to return. You can't blame them for trying but it's classic BBC to project it as an anti-Brexit message. Personally, I can't see too many settled Poles returning to the cabbage fields.

Brexit: Poles in UK should 'seriously consider' leaving, Polish ambassador says

In the company I work for, we have seen this occur.   Where we have spoken to EU nationals about their settled status, their plans beyond Brexit, we have seen some Poles move back home.  In some cases have built up a sufficient pot of cash to enable them to buy property, their economy has strengthened and wage levels have been increasing to make it viable as well.

By no means is that something I would claim is representative of anything, just the experience of what we have seen.   

13 hours ago, stewarty said:

In the company I work for, we have seen this occur.   Where we have spoken to EU nationals about their settled status, their plans beyond Brexit, we have seen some Poles move back home.  In some cases have built up a sufficient pot of cash to enable them to buy property, their economy has strengthened and wage levels have been increasing to make it viable as well.

By no means is that something I would claim is representative of anything, just the experience of what we have seen. 

I think that this is pretty consistently reported as what Polish immigrants have done over the last 15 years.

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

Nigel Kennedy the violinist is one. I know dozens of Poles who have gone back after making their money here.

I dont think the loss of the fiddler is a great loss , but having visited Poland there are some very nice  places and lots of attractive architecture  to see .