[FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Feyenoord (Ojo 23)

Given the chances we had in the first half, it was nervy at the end. Who would have thought that we would play that well against one of the top teams in Dutchland ... even though they only showed real class in patches.

But that does not matter. Three points in an emotional night for us and Fernando,

2 minutes ago, Frankie said:

A well deserved win.

Yes, we lived dangerously at times but we were the better team, were stronger on the ball and created the bulk of the chances.

If only we had some composure in attacking areas in these games because, as we seen in Denmark, we're capable of really putting teams to the sword with our high tempo football.

Great result, this could actually set us on another wee winning run. Well deserved but again we never took our chances.

I said in my match preview that Allan McGregor would be important and that proved to be the case with possibly his busiest game of the season. Pleased with Helander and Barisic as well who came into the team and showed their quality. Job done!!!

If Arfield had not been wearing moon boots, we would have been home, handsomely, and hosed well before the nerve shredding final period; not that he was the only misfirer, mind. 

Would have taken a 1-0 win at 19.59 tonight, of course.

Edited by Uilleam

2 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

If Arfield had not been wearing moon boots, we would have been home, handsomely, and hosed well before the nerve shredding final period; not that he was the only misfirer, mind. 

Would have taken a 1-0 win at 19.59 tonight. 

I thought Arfield was excellent tonight, he put in an excellent shift and was very unlucky when his shot hit the bar in the 1st half.

In fact I thought Jack, who was also excellent, should have at least hit the target late 2nd half when he ballooned the ball over the bar.

Edited by ian1964

8 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I said in my match preview that Allan McGregor would be important and that proved to be the case with possibly his busiest game of the season. Pleased with Helander and Barisic as well who came into the team and showed their quality. Job done!!!

That is the first game that Baisic has played to the level he is capable of playing, IMO,  let's hope he has turned a corner as he was also excellent tonight

Edited by ian1964