[FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Feyenoord (Ojo 23)

More goals would have been nice given the chances they created but at the end of the night the most important thing is the 3 points are in the bag and we're sharing top spot in the group.  Plus a €570,000 bonus for a win.

2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I thought Arfield was excellent tonight, he put in an excellent shift and was very unlucky when his shot hit the bar in the 1st half.

In fact I thought Jack, who was also excellent, should have at least hit the target late 2nd half when he ballooned the ball over the bar.

Arfield missed several chances, although, as I said, he was not the sole sinner. Spurning scoring opportunities does not a successful campaign make. It also greys my hair. 

That was a mammoth performance tonight. Yes, our attacking play, especially 2md half, wasn't that great but the players battled their way through the game and must've been exhausted at the end. At one point around the 91st minute, Morelos was bent over in their penalty box with his hands on his knees. 

Special mentions to Helander and Barisic. Both were fantastic, as was Jack and Morleos. 

Lots to learn from and improve on but the players put in a huge effort tonight. 

Another performance like that, intensity wise, on Sunday and we'll run over the top of St Johnstone. 

Manager will point to Arfield's late goal in Denmark when he looked done but he really should have been off 10-15mins earlier tonight.

Yes, it's a risk any sub will take that amount of time to adjust to the pace of the game but King is a similar player and would have provided fresh legs on a flank that was far too open late on.

11 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

More goals would have been nice given the chances they created but at the end of the night the most important thing is the 3 points are in the bag and we're sharing top spot in the group.  Plus a €570,000 bonus for a win.

Little boost for the coefficient too.