[FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Feyenoord (Ojo 23)

Absolutely loved that performance, attitude, atmosphere, and result tonight. 

Fantastic performances throughout the the team with special mentions for McGregor, Barasic, Helander, Davis, Arfield and Morelos. 

It it was always going to take 9/10 performances from at least 8 of our players to get anything against a top side, and we really delivered tonight!

I thought Feyenoord started brilliantly, some of their really quick pass and move stuff in first 10 mins was an absolute joy to watch, albeit from through my fingers! We managed to get over that fast start and got a break with the penalty which Tav, who had a stinker, committed the cardinal sin of not hitting the target, and after Arfield hits the bar with a cracker I was starting to think it was going to be a painful lesson, but our high pressing really shook the Dutch and created our goal for us by being hungrier in two tackles with Kamara & Barasic both winning crucial 50/50s and setting up Ojo for a special finish.

Could have been home and hosed by half time but that wouldn’t be Rangers, so a nervy ending was always on the cards. Only negative for me was poor use of subs again when our guys had ran their legs off and we should have freshened things up much quicker. But overall another memorable European victory to add to the memory banks, thanks SG & the team!

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Only negative for me was poor use of subs again when our guys had ran their legs off and we should have freshened things up much quicker.

Totally agree TB and it will cost us in the end. We could all see Kamara and Arfield were done by 70 mins. We got there though which is the main thing. It’s a bit of a thud back to earth this Sunday though?

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Only negative for me was poor use of subs again when our guys had ran their legs off and we should have freshened things up much quicker.

Totally agree TB and it will cost us in the end. We could all see Kamara and Arfield were done by 70 mins. We got there though which is the main thing. It’s a bit of a thud back to earth this Sunday though?

8 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Every fan should make the time to watch that interview and listen to what the manager says about his squad and his intentions.  There are no conspiracy theories as to why certain players are rotated in and out of the team and Gerrard clearly knows the strengths and weaknesses of his squad.

Media cranks were that eager to manifest their dislike of Rangers, they labelled Steven Gerrard (Steven Gerrard FFS) as being 'quietly terrified' of being a manager less than a month into his Rangers career.  Of course he's still learning but our European results have shown the determination and ambition he had as a player are qualities he retains as a coach.  It took him a while to become a key player and winner with Liverpool and I've no doubt if we show the same patience with his as a manager, we'll get the same results.