[FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Feyenoord (Ojo 23)

3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Touche. :D 

But my point stands: There's no way Ojo's inclusion -- a man who does virtually nothing for the whole game, other than pop up to score -- was the difference between a fast, tough-tackling, aggressive, pressing performance against Feyenoord and whatever that was against Celtic, which displayed the complete antithesis. 

And, it was certainly not simply because we had "5 central midfielders". Such a lazy argument. 

We beat Feyenoord with Ojo in the team and 4 midfielders and lost to Celtic with 5 midfielders and no Ojo. 

That's not my arguement though and you know it but to say that Ojo wasn't the difference when his goal was the difference is laughable. 

On 20/09/2019 at 20:58, Gazza_8 said:

Hilarious. The Police are there to protect you and everyone else in the stadium and you're laughing at them being assaulted? 

I wasn’t laughing at them being assaulted, I was laughing at the sight of them being hooked left right and centre while doing nothing? I’m still laughing as they are only fairly better than bad steward? They are hopeless, and if it were a stand off between the Scot Squad and literally any other force in Europe, i would be laughing again? They are just terrible at doing anything? The can’t police? Perhaps the job description has changed but they are just awful at eh, policing?

As for being a moron?? Don’t get your nickers in a twist, we usually try humour and satire on here...........

14 hours ago, Gazza_8 said:

We beat Feyenoord with Ojo in the team and 4 midfielders and lost to Celtic with 5 midfielders and no Ojo. 

That's not my arguement though and you know it but to say that Ojo wasn't the difference when his goal was the difference is laughable. 

The result's irrelevant in this: you responded to a post about the difference in performance, to which you responded 'it was because SG had 5 central midfielders'.

I'm suggesting that's nonsense, and quite a lazy argument. (For me, It's the same as those that complain about us having "three sitting midfielders in a home game", which completely fails to understand the way the game is played. I'm not suggesting you hold that opinion.)

Ojo contributes very little to the performance. He is not the difference. Our pressing game against Feyenoord does not rest upon Ojo being included or not; it's too complex for that.  

Against Celtic, SG brought on Ojo with 45 minutes to play -- and then Jones with 25 minutes to play -- where was the reversal in performance? Where was this awesome performance that relies on 4 central midfielders instead of 5? That's laughable.

The inclusion of Ojo does not suddenly get the other 4 midfielders pressing and winning 50/50s. It misunderstands the work that goes into a pressing game.

The criticism should be for SG's inability to work out the press against Celtic, and for the players for showing a distinct lack of fight. 

8/11 is a great price for Porto, the top seeds in our group, 3rd top seeds in the whole competition, to win a group where they have already beaten the second seeds and the third best (in rankings) lost to the bottom club. If Porto beat the Dutch in MD2, this price will shrink considerably, to about 1/3 or less, so anyone doing accas would be well advised to include them at that price.

I cant as it would be betting against my own team and I dont allow myself to bet on us not to win, or for the tims to win anything, but that is very tempting.

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 19:13, cooponthewing said:

I wasn’t laughing at them being assaulted, I was laughing at the sight of them being hooked left right and centre while doing nothing? I’m still laughing as they are only fairly better than bad steward? They are hopeless, and if it were a stand off between the Scot Squad and literally any other force in Europe, i would be laughing again? They are just terrible at doing anything? The can’t police? Perhaps the job description has changed but they are just awful at eh, policing?

As for being a moron?? Don’t get your nickers in a twist, we usually try humour and satire on here...........

to be fair, Gav is a policeman so it is understandable he would take exception to insults at the Police - warranted or not.