[FT] St Johnstone 0 - 4 Rangers (Morelos 47; Goldson 61; Defoe 88, 90)

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

Alfie seems to have taken a real shine to Defoe and that’s good news. Perfect role model for him. 

Yeah, I think you're spot on there. Defoe is the perfect role model for Morelos: cool, collected, doesn't get involved, doesn't lose his temper, is a brilliant worker and trainer, but also has that technique and ruthless efficiency that would take Alfredo to another level. 

While controversy will surround referring decisions by Andrew Dallas for the third and forth goals, the game was long gone as a contest at that point.

Still, the referee didn't cover himself in glory after failing to see Murray Davidson's shot had crossed the line and missing that Jermain Defoe's run for the fourth had narrowly strayed offside.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/st-johnstone-vs-rangers-live-20141825

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::rfcbouncy:

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Yeah, I think you're spot on there. Defoe is the perfect role model for Morelos: cool, collected, doesn't get involved, doesn't lose his temper, is a brilliant worker and trainer, but also has that technique and ruthless efficiency that would take Alfredo to another level. 

Defoe made his second goal look easy but that was actually extremely well taken. Fast and struck through a relatively narrow gap he carved out.

It's a joy to watch such great football.  I actually enjoyed the slick passing in the first half despite us not carving out any decent chances.

Helander and Barisic are really working for me on that left side.  Other than the one lapse which allowed Stevie May to lay off to MOH, I thought Helander was solid again.  Barisic is like a new signing.  Please please make this the turning point in his Rangers career because in this form he's the left back we've all been desperate for.

Jack, Davis and Aribo just eased through the game.  Jack once again in particular is our star man in midfield.  There's no wonder we are putting him on an extended contract because there must be plenty of scouts watching him these days.  I never thought he had this level of performance in him  (based on last season), but his development in the last six months is something I've never seen in any player we've ever had.  And talking of improvements, there's no doubt Alfie is class, but to see him perform like this on the pitch, and then see him with a smile on his face and applauding Defoe as he scores is just so heart warming.  Has Defoe just turned our £15m man into a £30m player?  It looks like he might just be the role model Morelos needed because the bond between them looks to be so strong.

Tav had a decent game today but you can see his confidence isn't here at the moment.  It does however show some his mental qualities as a captain because despite this very obvious dip in from he's still trying to drive the team forward when we were clearly stuck at 0-0.

Finally, I was delighted that Goldson got on the scoresheet today.  The guy makes mistakes but you can see he gives it his all every time he's on the pitch and that's obviously why the manager likes him.  Katic is a fans' favourite understandably, but Goldson rarely lets us down so the reaction he gets from some is unfair.

Another tough 3 points on the board after a tough game in Europe, and an excellent second half performance too.  I'll take that every week please.

Edited by Gaffer