[FT] Livingston 0 - 1 Rangers (Kamara 4)

Manager said at today's presser that Brandon Barker has picked up a toe problem so might be unavailable tomorrow.

That's frustrating but does mean an opportunity for Stewart, Docherty and/or Murphy.  A team along the following lines:

EFO1WwwW4AAYIa7?format=jpg&name=medium

Would have been a lot happier if this were a home game. They're going to set up like St Johnstone etc so what we're going to get is yet another battle to break through a parked bus strategy on the dreaded plastic pitch.

I know we need a trophy but if it came to a choice I would rather slip up in this one than the sheep game which follows it in which i'm hoping for a humiliating hammering akin to that we handed out to hibs.

A reminder to anyone travelling to tonight’s game on the M8 that there are large roadworks which are likely to cause substantial delays.

The delays are affecting Junction 4 at Whitburn with queues down to before Junction 5 at Shotts.

Roadworks are taking place including essential concrete repairs, installation of combined drainage, waterproofing, central barrier replacement, joint replacement and carriageway surfacing work.

We recommend taking an alternative route or allow extra time for your journey.

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/m8-roadworks/

I wouldn`t be surprised to see some fellows who don`t get as many minutes in recent weeks take starting slots, even though one never knows with SG.

Possible line-up could be ...

Foderingham

Polster - Edmundson - Katic - Halliday

Kamara - Docherty

Stewart - Aribo - Murphy

Defoe

... but I guess SG will keep a few of his stalwarts.

Changes yes but fewer that some are suggesting. We need to start winning things and this is our best first chance. I think the key is an unchanged central defence. I could see something along these lines.

Foderingham

Polster - Goldson - Helander - Barisic

Jack - Aribo - Halliday

Stewart - Defoe - Ojo

It was interesting to hear Gary McAllister say he felt there would be one or two changes but not wholesale changes as we got a tough game off Livvy a couple of weeks ago and we lost there last season so no room for complacency.

It then does ask the questions of why we have such a huge squad in terms of numbers if many of them are not considered capable of rotating into important games. With Dolly on Saturday and the Swiss next midweek this is the only opportunity to keep the team fresh for those massive games around the corner. If they cant trust the likes of Stewart, Polster, Edmundson, Docherty to be better than tonight's opponents then we really need to offload. Strength in depth cant be only for suspensions and injuries.

Be one of the more interesting team news line-ups I suspect, full of talking points no matter the line-up, and as long as we win, the management will have got it right!