[FT] Livingston 0 - 1 Rangers (Kamara 4)

• Frankie changed the title to [HT] Livingston 0 - 1 Rangers (Kamara 4)

Best thing we can say is that we've scored because that's as sloppy and slack a performance as we've seen from us this season.

We've sat too deep since the goal and allowed Livi to bully us and draw us into a physical contest.  Meanwhile our use of the ball has been appalling as well and our attacking players - particularly Ojo and Arfield are not doing anywhere near enough to keep us up the park.  Meanwhile, Jack, Kamara and Davis are giving it away too easily as well.

The manager really needs to sort this out as it's happening too often.  With a tough 45mins ahead (at least) we can't afford to play so poorly.

29 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

It's been scrappy since the first 5 minutes but momentum keeps being broken for treatment to our injured players. That was a nasty one Aribo took. Elbow to the head.

Should have been a red card - the guy led with the elbow and knew exactly what he was doing as he seen Aribo coming,

However, we were lucky not to have a red card as well when Helander brought down Dykes.

Just now, Bill said:

I think we can see now why Gerrard limited his team changes. This plastic pitch is a huge leveller.

Pitch looks fine to me.

Our players poor use of the ball is the main issue and we're not matching them physically.

2 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Pitch looks fine to me.

Our players poor use of the ball is the main issue and we're not matching them physically.

I don't think we want to get drawn into a physical battle as it unsettles our rhythm and passing.  We want to move the ball quicker and improve the accuracy of our passing, many of which were wayward in the first half.

Only Jack performs to his standards in MF thus far. But we don't need to beat them physically. Just play decent football and let them run. 

BTW, not sure why we played Ojo on the left for long spells, and Arfield on the right. When their preferred positions is vice versa. These three up front seemingly don't really click, mainly because Ojo is all over the place and if he has the ball, tries something fancy.

Just now, T-1000 said:

I don't think we want to get drawn into a physical battle as it unsettles our rhythm and passing.  We want to move the ball quicker and improve the accuracy of our passing, many of which were wayward in the first half.

I agree in a tactical sense but that shouldn't mean we're powderpuff in the challenge which has been the case to often.

We need to be strong but be clever.  Instead we're giving away cheap fouls, losing our shape and starting to concede chances.  Just half-chances for now but make no mistake we're in a game here.