[FT] Livingston 0 - 1 Rangers (Kamara 4)

That was just as bad a performance as the league game at this ground 12 months ago, the only difference is that we got a scrappy goal this time instead of them.

Totally bullied, every midfielder lost their battles, attacking players made really poor decisions when in good positions, defenders were second best in physical contest. 

Livvy outfought us, outworked us, and for most of the game outplayed us. 

But we won! 

We we now have 2 massive games coming up and we cannot have any repeat of the attitude too many players (who have been fantastic so far) showed tonight. Jack had his worst game in months for example, and he wasn’t even the worst in the team!

1 minute ago, pete said:

Katic was dropped for his performance against Dykes. Going on that then it should be Katic and Edmundson on Saturday as Goldson  and Helander were rolled time and again by him. Dykes is also a bit naive if it was me i would have been glued to Goldson after his booking.

Yeah,  Helander struggled a LOT more than Katic did. 

36 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

He's a bloody idiot. He shouldn't be allowed near a post match interview again. 

The difference between his response and Gerrard’s tells you exactly why Gerrard should be on ALL interviews !!

Holt said Rangers “got away with one” for the Helander foul on Dykes that should have been red.  Gerrard says “interesting he said that.  Don’t take me there, don’t take me there” - he clearly was talking about the elbow on Aribo and the many bad challenges on our players.

I can see why SG went with Helander: the more composed, controlled option with a cool head. Yes, Katic would have won the headers, but then the ball goes back in the air, then comes back again; there's no control, there; and Katic is not the best with the ball at his feet. 

Nevertheless, Helander had a stinker. 

Ojo was missing for the most of the game, then pops up in good situations. When he makes the right decisions it works; otherwise, like last night, not so much.

I've been disappointed with Arfield this season; he's not doing it for me. 

Tav, Goldson and Arfield need to be rested. Helander’s distribution in the first half looked good. 

Livingstone players should be ashamed. Not for the way they played last night but for the fact they don’t play like that against the rest of the league. That’s a big assumption on my part but when I see glimpses of other games I don’t see the bristling attitudes, the steely determination, the staring eyes, the pumping legs or the flailing arms that I saw from them last night.

In celtic matches it’s the opposite. From their opponents I see caution, anxiety and timidity. I see rabbits caught in headlights.

If the others would play all the time at three quarters of the levels they produce against Rangers it might be a cracking league.

24 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I can see why SG went with Helander: the more composed, controlled option with a cool head. Yes, Katic would have won the headers, but then the ball goes back in the air, then comes back again; there's no control, there; and Katic is not the best with the ball at his feet. 

Nevertheless, Helander had a stinker. 

Ojo was missing for the most of the game, then pops up in good situations. When he makes the right decisions it works; otherwise, like last night, not so much.

I've been disappointed with Arfield this season; he's not doing it for me. 

Katic didn't win the headers in the last game and was positionally poor so that's why Helander was preferred.

I thought Dykes only caused us issues for a 20min period either side of the break and both centre halves improved later on.  However, that's not to excuse poor displays from both and hopefully Helander will have learned a lot from the experience.

A lot of attention on the centre halves but there weren't helped by Tav negating his defensive work and the midfield not functioning at all, including Arfield and Ojo whom don't do enough across the whole match.  Davis also sat far too deep and with Bartley nullifying Jack, we just couldn't keep the ball.