[FT] Rangers 5 - 0 Aberdeen (Tavernier 20 pen, 71 pen; Stewart 40; Morelos 50; Defoe 80)

1 hour ago, Briton said:

Stewart was good but those misses means I'd give another MotM to Alfredo Morelos.

If we're being fair here, Morelos squandered enough chances of his own. In fact at times his decision making in front of goal was poor.

Edited by Bill

20 minutes ago, Bill said:

If we're being fair here, Morelos squandered enough chances of his own. In fact at times his decision making in front of goal was poor.

He was heavily involved in the vital opening goal and the second before scoring  himself.  I thought he just shaded it from Stewart overall, although I've only seen the highlights of the first 20 minutes.  

4 minutes ago, Briton said:

He was heavily involved in the vital opening goal and the second before scoring  himself.  I thought he just shaded it from Stewart overall, although I've only seen the highlights of the first 20 minutes.  

I'm not saying Morelos was poor today, merely that if we're going to diminish Stewart's contribution because he missed chances then we should apply the same standards to Morelos. I any case I think there were at least four other players whose contribution was greater than either Stewart or Morelos ?

A superb team performance and any one of 7 or 8 players could have been man of the match. I think Davis is fair enough though as he was top drawer in the second half especially but Stewart and Jack ran him close. 

Good to see our captain back to his best as well.