[FT] Rangers 5 - 0 Aberdeen (Tavernier 20 pen, 71 pen; Stewart 40; Morelos 50; Defoe 80)

8 minutes ago, Gribz said:

Didnt we half dodge a bullet with not getting McInnes as a manager! And that ship will have sailed permanently.

Not that i'm advocating for McInnes but I presume McInnes may have been a different animal if he had the resources available to to Stevie G though he would still have nothing like the pulling power of Stevie G. We have first team players who wouldn't be there if it not for him. Defoe a prime example.

You would surely expect McInnes if he had our squad to adopt a different strategy from the current sheep style. But he shit in his own bed and he can lie in it. 

24 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Not that i'm advocating for McInnes but I presume McInnes may have been a different animal if he had the resources available to to Stevie G though he would still have nothing like the pulling power of Stevie G. We have first team players who wouldn't be there if it not for him. Defoe a prime example.

You would surely expect McInnes if he had our squad to adopt a different strategy from the current sheep style. But he shit in his own bed and he can lie in it. 

I see what you are saying but I dont think he could have done half the job Gerrard done tactically and get as close to Celtic as we are. The player pulling power is one thing - Gerrard has raised the bar on that - but tactically and on the park I dont think mcInnes would have done anything promising as far as getting titles goes.

2 minutes ago, Gribz said:

I see what you are saying but I dont think he could have done half the job Gerrard done tactically and get as close to Celtic as we are. The player pulling power is one thing - Gerrard has raised the bar on that - but tactically and on the park I dont think mcInnes would have done anything promising as far as getting titles goes.

I wouldn't take him for Stevie under any circumstances. McInnes can't compare to that kind of top level experience both in terms of playing and who he was managed by.

I'm still somewhat puzzled by McInnes turning it down to stay in the limited land of the sheep probably rarely if ever getting to Europa league groups. Is that really the height of his ambition?

But it worked in our favour long term so win win for us.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Jermain Defoe

6  Goals scored

263 minutes played

44 minutes  per goal

He's averaging a goal a half. Morelos is on 75 minutes per goal.

I love watching Defoe play football, he is pure class and is still a top striker

19 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I wouldn't take him for Stevie under any circumstances. McInnes can't compare to that kind of top level experience both in terms of playing and who he was managed by.

I'm still somewhat puzzled by McInnes turning it down to stay in the limited land of the sheep probably rarely if ever getting to Europa league groups. Is that really the height of his ambition?

But it worked in our favour long term so win win for us.

Some people are happy to take perpetual mediocrity.

Superb performance today with so many stand outs, Borna continues to impress and we chalk up another clean sheet - very happy with that.

David outstanding followed closely by Stewart, the latter I think would improve given more game time - his vision & link up play was a joy to watch

9 hours ago, ian1964 said:

I love watching Defoe play football, he is pure class and is still a top striker

You have to take into account that Morelos has run them ragged for an hour. I doubt if Defoe would have the same record if he was playing every game from the start. Of course neither will ever be so good as Odsonne Édouard. Ever!?