[FT] Rangers 5 - 0 Aberdeen (Tavernier 20 pen, 71 pen; Stewart 40; Morelos 50; Defoe 80)

Maybe Defoe does benefit from Morelos tiring defences for some games but that doesn't tell the whole story, not by a long chalk. 

The Englishman's touch and awareness are still second to none and his football brain means he's still a yard ahead of defenders as we seen from his goal yesterday. 

In and around the box, Defoe is such a good player and that's why we've seen improvement from Morelos this season too in the way he links the game. 

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Penalty and up stepped Tavernier to drill the ball home, straight down the middle to make it two goals and three professional fouls for the afternoon for the Rangers skipper.

Deary me!!, these idiots get paid to write garbage like this.

Initially, on seeing yesterday's team, I thought there might be a lack of natural width. The first fifteen minutes seem to reinforce first thoughts, our right side had acres of space not being exploited. As the game progressed, both Tav' and Barisic pushed further forward, providing the desired angles. The second and third goals came from either flank.

Talking of which, I noted after the second goal, a few dozen Dandies headed for the exits. After the third with forty-odd minutes left to play, several hundred queued to leave. The spirit broken? It seems to be heading that way, the other barometer of Rangers hatred, 'Pie and Bovril' has managed several pages on the game; normally, that would be thirty pages plus.

Sound thrashings are beginning to condition the Sell Out Saturday brigade.

5 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

He did ok v hibs when he was the one starting  

If a striker scores a hat-trick in one game then he has a goal every 30 minutes but you have to look at it over a number of games to get a good vision of percentages. What I will say is that when defenders see Alfie going off and Defoe coming on, they must think "Awe Naw"

Couldn't resist posting a clip starting at the lead up and Defoe goal. Started in our half and 12 seconds later was dinked into the net by Defoe. A perfect goal to complete the rout which they richly deserved. They were lucky to escape something similar on multiple occasions prior to this.

8 minutes ago, pete said:

If a striker scores a hat-trick in one game then he has a goal every 30 minutes but you have to look at it over a number of games to get a good vision of percentages. What I will say is that when defenders see Alfie going off and Defoe coming on, they must think "Awe Naw"

And vice versa