[FT] BSC Young Boys 2 - 1 Rangers (Morelos 44)

• Frankie changed the title to Maintaining Momentum: BSC Young Boys v Rangers

We can certainly get a positive result tonight, no doubt, and I actually fancy us to get one.

The surface will play a part as they train & play on it all the time, however I don't think it will play a significant part on the result as our players have enough experience on these surfaces.

Our team will benefit playing against a team who wants to attack and play football as we have shown in Europe with a fantastic record so far. Once again as long as the players are on their game we are team who just keep going and can score goals, I feel confident going into this match and am really looking forward to it.

I think your proposed team is spot on Frankie.  I think we can scrape a win tonight, but I do think they'll score so we need our forward players on good form because they'll need to score at least 2 to get the 3 points.

p.s.  I didn't realise it was an earlier kick off so thanks very much for saving my evening of viewing. ???

I attended the European Cup Winners Cup match between Rangers and Young Boys in August'77 at Ibrox. I remember John Greig scored our goal in a one-nil victory and the majority chat centered around that day's death of Elvis.

I'll take the same result tonight,

Apparently, Elvis expired sitting on the porcelain holding a fried peanut butter and banana sandwich.

Rangers will have supporters in the ground for the Europa League clash with Young Boys on Thursday night.

That's despite the club refusing to take any tickets as part of their attempts to clamp down on sectarian singing which occurred during qualifying rounds.

Incidents against St Joseph's and Legia Warsaw led to sections of Ibrox being shut for games against the Polish side and Feyenoord.

Rangers fans had already snapped up hospitality packages and three-game deals from Young Boys to ensure they could get into the Stade de Suisse stadium.

But with only around 26,000 tickets sold for the 32,000-stadium, Young Boys are now directly selling tickets to Rangers fans already in Switzerland without any restrictions meaning Steven Gerrard's men will have some support.

And it's believed they will offer the Rangers fans dotted around the stadium to go into a section they have created for them.

A Young Boys spokesman said: "The mixing of fans is not a problem as long as everyone sticks to the rules.

"We have estimated around 600 Rangers fans will be in the stadium tonight and we don't envisage any problems."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-fans-young-boys-clash-20393845

36 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Rangers will have supporters in the ground for the Europa League clash with Young Boys on Thursday night.

That's despite the club refusing to take any tickets as part of their attempts to clamp down on sectarian singing which occurred during qualifying rounds.

Incidents against St Joseph's and Legia Warsaw led to sections of Ibrox being shut for games against the Polish side and Feyenoord.

Rangers fans had already snapped up hospitality packages and three-game deals from Young Boys to ensure they could get into the Stade de Suisse stadium.

But with only around 26,000 tickets sold for the 32,000-stadium, Young Boys are now directly selling tickets to Rangers fans already in Switzerland without any restrictions meaning Steven Gerrard's men will have some support.

And it's believed they will offer the Rangers fans dotted around the stadium to go into a section they have created for them.

A Young Boys spokesman said: "The mixing of fans is not a problem as long as everyone sticks to the rules.

"We have estimated around 600 Rangers fans will be in the stadium tonight and we don't envisage any problems."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-fans-young-boys-clash-20393845

Let's hope their behaviour is exemplary