[FT] BSC Young Boys 2 - 1 Rangers (Morelos 44)

Just now, JFK-1 said:

Agreed. Ideally a draw second choice a Porto win.

Porto win first as it takes a point away from Feyenoord.  Porto should be too strong for everyone else so we want them to get as many points as possible.

6 minutes ago, craig said:

Porto win first as it takes a point away from Feyenoord.  Porto should be too strong for everyone else so we want them to get as many points as possible.

I'm thinking along the lines that if Feyenoord who were allegedly poor against us can beat Porto at home so could we. Maybe they were simply made to look poor against a Rangers who played top class football first half. We could have been 4-0 up at halftime.

Can't help but dream of winning the group and getting an easier first knockout round opponent. I think that dream is best served by a draw for them tonight.

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm thinking along the lines that if Feyenoord who were allegedly poor against us can beat Porto at home so could we. Maybe they were simply made to look poor against a Rangers who played top class football first half. We could have been 4-0 up at halftime.

Can't help but dream of winning the group and getting an easier first knockout round opponent. I think that dream is best served by a draw for them tonight.

Getting out of the group is the primary focus - finishing first or second should really be a "who cares" moment for us.

If Porto took 12 points from all of their other 4 games then we get two free cracks at them.  That now is not the case given Feyenoord have pumped them.  Back in the mixer - quite clearly we could finish anywhere from 1st to 4th in this group.