[FT] BSC Young Boys 2 - 1 Rangers (Morelos 44)

3 minutes ago, pete said:

Pick your worst defence and then play

You mean ours?

Pick your worst defence and play defensive. Good tactics Steve!

So Halliday or Flanagan are better than Barisic ?  Aye, of course pete.  Nothing like over-reaction

Gutted. I know it’s easy to start having a go at players after we lose a game but we’ve got a few underperforming in there. Goldson lacks aggression, he gives his man too much space for my liking. Ojo just looks a very young player. We know he can score from nowhere but you have to wonder if he should be keeping his place as a stick on starter. Tavernier obviously made two big mistakes.

All in all just gutted we couldn’t hold onto a lead. We moan about rubbish teams making it hard for us to score by parking the bus most weeks but we don’t seem to be able to do that ourselves when we have to. 

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

The nature of it is obviously a massive disappointment all on it's own but as it stands we don't need to be disheartened. This weird group is effectively in almost exactly the same place it was before a game was played and I still feel confident we can do something in it.

Can't agree with that we have lost a great chance to get at least an away point. Chance gone!

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

The nature of it is obviously a massive disappointment all on it's own but as it stands we don't need to be disheartened. This weird group is effectively in almost exactly the same place it was before a game was played and I still feel confident we can do something in it.

Problem with that is I'd be very surprised if Feyenoord and Porto don't take six points off YB. 

Wasted chance.

Honestly, the game was woeful. No cohesion on either side, far too often just hit and hope ... usually for an error. Not as diabolical a pitch as they have in Scotland, but woeful still.

Why did Ojo stay on at HT? He produced nothing. Again. Not sure how this can be talked good now. In these games, people have to deliver. Stewart instantly brought directness ... oh what a game this would have been for Jones! King and Defoe might also have been options.

Then Tav again with a decisive error ... he's old and experienced enough to have learned that by now. How many times must this be said? That goal at the end was just the result of sheer luck, which Morelos's escaped a few minutes earlier. Fastnacht just hammered it ... and it could have gone anywhere like so many crosses and shots tonight. It didn't ... and this time the ref did't stop the game halfway into an attack.

People may blame this or that guy for the defeat, IMHO, we again did not react to what was on show, didn't bring on the right or enough players early and now stand there empty handed.

4 minutes ago, pete said:

Where did I say that?

Well, you did say "pick your worst defence", did you not ?  Which means that every player in that defence is the worst in his position.

Just now, cooponthewing said:

Am I the only one that thinks Hellander is a bomb scare too? Tavernier needs dropped, I said that on a post a few days ago. However, why are we playing Hellander? It’s because he cost money not because he makes us sit any easier watching it!

Helander is no "bomb scare", nor is Goldson, Katic or Edmundson. And he sure is no scapegoat for the late goal. We defended decently enough ... and these hit and hope stuff over the top have been a danger to any defenders out there ... ever since I saw football. Always looks bad when one or two escape you in a game ... no matter whether you cleared 12 before that.