[FT] BSC Young Boys 2 - 1 Rangers (Morelos 44)

2 minutes ago, pete said:

I will leave it at that

No idea how you can say that as if the game would have ran the exact same if  Katic played but Hey hoe.

You're at cross purposes so it is best you leave it. 

You're blaming the whole defence for two individual errors. That's unfair. 

12 minutes ago, Frankie said:

If we want to talk negatives, then it was the use of the ball in and around the YB box that was so poor. Ojo was the worst offender but Stewart struggled too. 

I thought we would have been 2-0 ahead at halftime if Ojo had passed to Morelos instead of shooting soon after Morelos had scored the first.

Morelos was standing entirely unmarked in a large space with the open goal in front of him. In fact in pretty much the same space he was in when he scored on the first on the other side of the box. He put his hands to his head when Ojo didn't pass to him.

8 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Knives are out for Tavernier. Perspective needed. 

I think the criticism is fair. He made two crucial errors in a game we were very comfortable in. 

Yes, we have to look at his overall contribution and that is usually good but, this season at least, he has been poor so people are right to question his form at the very least. 

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I thought we would have been 2-0 ahead at halftime if Ojo had passed to Morelos instead of shooting soon after Morelos had scored the first.

Morelos was standing entirely unmarked in a large space with the open goal in front of him. In fact in pretty much the same space he was in when he scored on the first on the other side of the box. He put his hands to his head when Ojo didn't pass to him.

Hmmm it wasn't an easy pass as the defender was blocking the line to Morelos but he should have done better. 

The one earlier in the first half when Jack robbed the defender was worse. 

Same happened later in the game with Stewart twice in good positions and giving the ball away cheaply.

We did that far too often and that, as well as Tav's errors and our poor game management at the end are what we should be talking about rather than making tedious complaints about our defence. 

Just now, Frankie said:

You're at cross purposes so it is best you leave it. 

You're blaming the whole defence for two individual errors. That's unfair. 

No I am not. I think we should pick our best team for big games. Katic has proven time and again that he is our best defender. I am talking about the grand scheme of things not just 2 goals. If you think all 4 CH's are the same level then that is your prerogative. I think differently it is as simple as that. I don't have a hard on for Katic I think he is our best defender. If others play better I will say that but I have not seen anything in the games Goldson and Helander have played together to make me sit and watch a game with confidence of a strong defence. 

5 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Hmmm it wasn't an easy pass as the defender was blocking the line to Morelos but he should have done better. 

The one earlier in the first half when Jack robbed the defender was worse. 

Same happened later in the game with Stewart twice in good positions and giving the ball away cheaply.

We did that far too often and that, as well as Tav's errors and our poor game management at the end are what we should be talking about rather than making tedious complaints about our defence. 

While it's a disappointment at the very start of the Euro qualifying campaign my view was that making the group was close to critical but that if it were achieved then the bulk of the potential money from it was already banked so results in the group for were deemed not irrelevant but not critical. 

I would rather this had happened here than at any ground in the league this season and we all know the team can play a lot better even before game changers like Kent come back into it. And we're still well in this. 

1 minute ago, pete said:

No I am not. I think we should pick our best team for big games. Katic has proven time and again that he is our best defender. I am talking about the grand scheme of things not just 2 goals. If you think all 4 CH's are the same level then that is your prerogative. I think differently it is as simple as that. I don't have a hard on for Katic I think he is our best defender. If others play better I will say that but I have not seen anything in the games Goldson and Helander have played together to make me sit and watch a game with confidence of a strong defence. 

Di you even read your own posts back? 

You said we played our worst defence which is just daft. Going on and on about Katic again when our centre halves did very little wrong is equally silly. 

But I'm repeating myself now so if you're not capable of being sensible or fair when it comes to analysing a whole game then there's not much point in further discussion. 

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

While it's a disappointment at the very start of the Euro qualifying campaign my view was that making the group was close to critical but that if it were achieved then the bulk of the potential money from it was already banked so results in the group for were deemed not irrelevant but not critical. 

I would rather this had happened here than at any ground in the league this season and we all know the team can play a lot better even before game changers like Kent come back into it. And we're still well in this. 

I do agree we needn't over react but I do hope we learn a few crucial lessons from tonight.