[FT] BSC Young Boys 2 - 1 Rangers (Morelos 44)

42 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

It depends what the problem is.  If he's having a crisis of confidence, then yes I completely agree we should should support him by backing him in the team.  If he's becoming lackadaisical then he needs to be dropped, and that should the best way to support his longer term future.

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Ahem ... no. Correct with the offside, but he was far more direct than Ojo, who ran all over the park and did exactly what you described for Stewart, but for 90 mins ...

But all about opinions. 

Ojo was poor but so was Stewart, albeit with some excuse.  You seem to be suggesting he came on and played well; he didn't.

9 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

It depends what the problem is.  If he's having a crisis of confidence, then yes I completely agree we should should support him by backing him in the team.  If he's becoming lackadaisical then he needs to be dropped, and that should the best way to support his longer term future.

Nearly every one of our players could/should be dropped then based on last nights performance then? Tav was not the only one who made mistakes! Barisic got caught out of position a couple of times, their first chance was the sitter they missed from inside the 6 yard box came from Barisic.

Goldson failed to cut the cross out after Tav lost the ball for their first goal and Helander should have got something on the cross as well, he tried but missed it.

Going back to Feyenoord nearly every one of their players said in the after game interviews "the space was with Haps but we never found him enough." Haps is the left back. Looking at the way YB played yesterday it also looked like they had picked up that down their left wing (Our right) was a Rangers soft spot.

5 minutes ago, pete said:

Going back to Feyenoord nearly every one of their players said in the after game interviews "the space was with Haps but we never found him enough." Haps is the left back. Looking at the way YB played yesterday it also looked like they had picked up that down their left wing (Our right) was a Rangers soft spot.

So are you saying Tav weak is our weakness? considering Feyenoord lost that didn't seem to be the case!.

We can't afford to buy a better RB than Tav and we don't have anyone on the books who could replace him.

Just now, ian1964 said:

So are you saying Tav weak is our weakness? considering Feyenoord lost that didn't seem to be the case!.

We can't afford to buy a better RB than Tav and we don't have anyone on the books who could replace him.

I just mentioned what the Feyenoord players said and if you read what I wrote they said they couldn't get the ball to Haps. That is not necessarily tavs fault it could be the system. It is also a well known fact for us that there is always room behind Tav. Don't let that stop you having a moan at me right enough, I can handle it.

Just now, JFK-1 said:

And while I agree you did have a little hissy fit at the time mate as admittedly many of us no doubt did.

Aye, we all did initially but if you then keep on the witch hunt it becomes embarrassing when our captain gets hunted for days after the match!.

FWIW I think we as a team were below our best, Morelos & Jack apart most were average and that is why we lost, IMO.

2 minutes ago, pete said:

Don't let that stop you having a moan at me right enough, I can handle it.

Aw diddums!.

Tav is asked/encouraged to get forward as often as he can so it is up to other players to cover, that is the system we play, so yes I agree with you if the system is not working then the manager needs to tweak it.

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

Aye, we all did initially but if you then keep on the witch hunt it becomes embarrassing when our captain gets hunted for days after the match!.

Yep, helps nothing to continue it. Just move on to Hamilton and let Gerrard and Tav sort it out.

Looking for a good result since at Ibrox at least they appear to have learned how to break down these ultra defensive formations. The slaughter of the sheep was fine evidence of that.