[FT] BSC Young Boys 2 - 1 Rangers (Morelos 44)

4 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Rangers will have supporters in the ground for the Europa League clash with Young Boys on Thursday night.

That's despite the club refusing to take any tickets as part of their attempts to clamp down on sectarian singing which occurred during qualifying rounds.

Incidents against St Joseph's and Legia Warsaw led to sections of Ibrox being shut for games against the Polish side and Feyenoord.

Rangers fans had already snapped up hospitality packages and three-game deals from Young Boys to ensure they could get into the Stade de Suisse stadium.

But with only around 26,000 tickets sold for the 32,000-stadium, Young Boys are now directly selling tickets to Rangers fans already in Switzerland without any restrictions meaning Steven Gerrard's men will have some support.

And it's believed they will offer the Rangers fans dotted around the stadium to go into a section they have created for them.

A Young Boys spokesman said: "The mixing of fans is not a problem as long as everyone sticks to the rules.

"We have estimated around 600 Rangers fans will be in the stadium tonight and we don't envisage any problems."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-fans-young-boys-clash-20393845

As exclusively revealed by me 3 weeks ago ?

On 14/09/2019 at 21:28, Bluedell said:

I understand Young Boys may open the away fans section in their ground for any bears who have got home end tickets. ?

7 hours ago, Frankie said:

BSC Young Boys

Tactically, they may well play two up front, including their target man Jean-Pierre Nsame (who equalised against Porto) and look to use their wide men to provide the ammunition for their strikers.  On a positive for Rangers, they don't look quite as strong defensively so their artificial pitch may work in the favour of Morelos should we need to use the channels ourselves.

I've heard that the play a narrow 4-4-2 and their width is supplied by the full backs. Could make for an interesting match-up.

Young Boys

• 26von Ballmoos
  • 23Janko
  • 3Sörensen
  • 5Zesiger
  • 21García
  • 16Fassnacht
  • 20Aebischer
  • 28Lustenberger
  • 11Gaudino
  • 17Assalé
  • 18Nsame

Substitutes

• 1Wölfli
  • 6Petignat
  • 13Moumi Ngamaleu
  • 14Bürgy
  • 19Mambimbi
  • 29Lotomba
  • 60Schüpbach

Rangers

• 1McGregor
  • 2Tavernier
  • 5Helander
  • 6Goldson
  • 31Barisic
  • 18Kamara
  • 37Arfield
  • 8Jack
  • 10Davis
  • 11Ojo
  • 20Morelos

Substitutes

• 9Defoe
  • 13Foderingham
  • 16Halliday
  • 19Katic
  • 21Barker
  • 24Stewart
  • 29King

Well I think we can be guaranteed it will be nothing like the sheep and their reluctance to leave their own half or could I even say their own third of the field? Possession will likely be somewhat even we will find space and it's up to the team what they do with it.

Need to play with a great degree of caution since a draw is an acceptable result and a far better result for us than for them. Taking something from this might be the key to a second place finish. We have taken something from around 91% of our European games under Gerrard so i'm encouraged into thinking that this is our stage and a stage Gerrard with his 130 appearances in Europe for Liverpool is super familiar with.

• Frankie changed the title to BSC Young Boys 0 - 0 Rangers

Nsame got a good chance he hit wide I would have expected one of ours to be getting on target if it came at the other end. But so far so good we're pretty much negating them while settling into the plastic surface.