Smacking the children

6 hours ago, 917 said:

No offence, but this sounds like the sort of mantra the left are often taught to spout, without ever having thought through the consequences. Borrowing an earlier example, as an adult nobody has the right to take my Xbox off me for misbehaviour. If children have the same protection as adults, then there is no discipline available for parents at all. And that would just be silly. Wouldn’t it..?

I was meaning in regard to violence, assault, hitting etc. Of course parents should d be allowed to take Xbox, tablets for children. I fact it may be a good idea to curtail use by kids, my grandkids would be on them all day if you let them.

On 03/10/2019 at 11:11, alexscottislegend said:

There is a danger that we get a whole load of "never did me any harm" comments. I'm of the generation where I was smacked as kid, got the belt at school in Scotland and the cane in England and I can't say it ever did anything other than make me resentful.. If a child is not told where he/she is in error, then the same kids get belted again and again. It can't be a deterrent in that case.

These days, depriving kids of their Xbox is probably the worst punishment you can inflict on them.

You mean all those 14 million kids in poverty all have Xboxes to take away?

2 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

I actually predict once certain elitist parents are charged and convicted of assault, after their child informs on them, you might see this amended or repealed? 

I would be surprised.

If you were 'elite' then why would you not pay a professional to deal with your troublesome child?

23 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I would be surprised.

If you were 'elite' then why would you not pay a professional to deal with your troublesome child?

Then when something happens? I’m sure you took my original point RS. It was a dig at the middle classes, but then you knew that.......?

Edited by cooponthewing

18 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Then when something happens? I’m sure you took my original point RS. It was a dig at the middle classes, but then you knew that.......?

Not really sure what you mean or why you think I know so much.

You appear to be tying yourself in knots.

In 10 years time you won’t be able to send them to their room or take priveliges off them either. After all, if you locked your wife in the room or stopped her going to the bingo or something, it would be ‘domestic abuse’ so if kids now have the same protection as adults..

Anyway, in 100 years you probably won’t be allowed to raise children at all. They will all be born in labs & raised in state nurseries, divided into social class..

3 hours ago, 917 said:

In 10 years time you won’t be able to send them to their room or take priveliges off them either. After all, if you locked your wife in the room or stopped her going to the bingo or something, it would be ‘domestic abuse’ so if kids now have the same protection as adults..

Anyway, in 100 years you probably won’t be allowed to raise children at all. They will all be born in labs & raised in state nurseries, divided into social class..

Are you from the 1970s?  Only kidding ! ;)