Standings after today

Basically Celtic have been mugged twice away from home after Europa League ties. While that's welcome and we have taken full advantage, we will face the same challenge soon and we had better be up for it. We lost silly points in November-December last season and as long as we stay consistent and don't give them any encouragement I think we have a chance.

The yahoos are now pinning their hopes on us apparently having a tough run of away games upcoming while they have an easier run predominately at home. While not even knowing it they're conceding they're in a title race they're currently losing.

Where are Rangers? Look above you. The team with 2 more points than you have while having scored 4 more than you have and conceded 2 fewer.

Surprisingly only the hubz contingent appear to be seeing the obvious though it grates on them to say it. Posts from their forum after today.

Look the complete real deal. It is an unpleasant thing to admit, but they are a swashbuckling outfit at the moment. I think it will take something really special from Celtic to retain the title, and I don't think they've got it.

The Ibrox woes over the last 7 years have been a great laugh. Celtic running away with things hasn't been enjoyable but at least the gnashing of orc teeth gave a bit of compensation. I think we're about to lose that, unfortunately.

I think they'll win the league this year.

If Defoe stays fit they're going to take some stopping, best forward in the league by a mile

‘Oh id rather Celtic win the league than rangers’ guff rears it’s head again. I’m absolutely loving the meltdown the Tims are having because someone is above them in the league. The ‘operation stop 10’ nonsense about refs having it in for them is great fun yet again. Couldn’t care less which one of them win the league if it’s not us, the hysteria from the side lagging behind is top drawer viewing.

Great response after the Celtic defeat, a huge morale buster. I fancied Livi to get a draw but a win was a boost. Can you believe there is scum everywhere, when I cheered Livi second goal in the bar a celtic fan from yorkshire threw a beer mat at me! Obviously that was last thing he done that day messing with a finely tuned machine like me lol and he paid for my next few drinks.

16 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

How many of us truly believed this would be the season we might break the Celtic title stranglehold? I thought it was a possibility but then I always think that at the outset. Celtic started the season bookies favourites by a long way and still are bookies favourites but not by a long way anymore.

I think they started the season around 1/8 while we were out around 5/1 or so but currently that stands at Celtic 8/11 with Rangers at 11/8 followed by Aberdeen at 250/1. Betting without Celtic Rangers 0/1 which I don't even know what that means Aberdeen 22/1

We currently have Jack, Aribo, and Kent all out injured but probably not long term with long term injury victim Murphy just coming back into the picture. This team the yahoo blip aside is more often than not looking formidable at home while grinding out wins away. And while it might be said the average SPL opposition isn't so impressive even Feyenoord looked out of their depth during an impressive first half Rangers performance at Ibrox where Feyenoord could easily have went in 3 or 4 down at halftime.

We also have what we thought would be 'fringe' players like Greg Stewart beginning to turn in impressive performances even before our injured first picks return.

While we were all unimpressed by the narrow win league cup win over Livi on their plastic today Celtic went there and came away with nothing which puts a little perspective on that result. I get the feeling this team still hasn't even peaked with the possibility that they will become even more impressive over the weeks and months ahead.

Looking all over the pitch the strength in depth was illustrated once again with a start for Edmundson who really looks like a player who can scale the heights. We're more than well covered in the centre of defence while the riches in midfield options is almost embarrassing and that's even before mentioning the top class goalie standing behind them.

And all that with what appears to be the two best strikers in Scotland. Jermain Defoe currently scoring a league goal every 39 minutes and two 5-0 league wins on the trot. If this were the yahoos all the talk would be about how awesome and unbeatable they are.

It's all extremely promising provided we can maintain consistency which has been an issue over the past few years but this time I just don't see that being the issue it has been in  recent seasons. With eight games gone we stand 2 points clear at the top with a GD 6 ahead of the nearest contender.

In fact the only other contender.  Not too shabby for an under 18's coach. Is it Graeme Spiers?

Here we go...… :ninja:

1 hour ago, compo said:

I hope we and that lot keep winning until the next old firm game then we can put them to the sword on their own ground :rfc:

I don't I hope we have a good lead by xmas. They may splash the cash if we stay just in front of them.

I hope we have as good a lead as possible come January to the extent that them splashing the cash would be too little to late. With a good enough lead It doesn't matter how much cash they splash because that wont help the others beat us.

If we had beaten them at Ibrox the lead would currently be 8 points and i'm glad the manager has pretty much taken responsibility for that due to team selection and strategy on the day. But I still trust him to get us there if anybody can.

Last night I got around to watching the Gerrard documentary 'make us dream' and saw another side of him. Was amused to see him cursing on a number of occasions and could see him doing that to effect in the dressing room when he's not happy at halftime.

This man is driven and has an implicit understanding of the yearning within a club like Rangers to get a title. He's lived that his entire career and grasps that at Rangers right now there's this extra edge to it given the situation of them going for 9. 

Didn't know Mourinho tried to sign him 3 times while at Chelsea, Inter Milan and Real Madrid. Came close to signing for Chelsea after agreeing a deal but when it came to actually signing he just couldn't do it despite the fact there was more money and the title he so craved on the table.