Stewart should play against Celtic

He’s been great for us as I expected, I think we should play him at the Piggery, he should start every match domestically right now. I feel we get too hooked on setting aside certain players for certain games, it’s maybe been a downfall for us, play your form players, he’s played against them before enough times regardless of the Old Firm being a game apart.

• Frankie changed the title to Stewart should play against Celtic

I don't think it's out of the question but it's far too early to be talking about that game, we have 17 games between now and then. He might prove himself worthy in that time but I expect Gerrard's preference to be to play Arfield and someone with pace. 

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

I don't think it's out of the question but it's far too early to be talking about that game, we have 17 games between now and then. He might prove himself worthy in that time but I expect Gerrard's preference to be to play Arfield and someone with pace. 

17?  I thought it was 7 .

Edited by scotjo

1 minute ago, scotjo said:

17?  I thought it was 7 .

It's actually 16 games before we play Celtic - they are the 17th game, unless the Premiership game against St Johnstone (which is postponed due to the League Cup) is rescheduled prior to the Celtic game, in which case it will be 17

4 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I'd expect the front 3 to be Arfield, Morelos and Kent, and I'd be happy with that.  Whilst Stewart helps open up packed defences, I don't think that will be the case at Parkhead and the extra pressing that Arfield brings will probably see him start before Stewart.

Maybe put him in behind  Morelos and Kent.

2 hours ago, craig said:

It's actually 16 games before we play Celtic - they are the 17th game, unless the Premiership game against St Johnstone (which is postponed due to the League Cup) is rescheduled prior to the Celtic game, in which case it will be 17

Yes, I had assumed it would be