Club fans survey update

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/supporter-update/±

fanupdate_1.jpg
Wednesday, 09 October 2019, 17:00

by Rangers Football Club

RANGERS recently commissioned a face-to-face fan survey to collect in-depth feedback on the issues that are important to our supporters.

In the coming weeks, a further series of fan consultation sessions have been organised around home fixtures in order to create a platform for continuous fan feedback and to share the outputs of the survey directly with supporters.

The responses and insights gathered from the Fan Survey have been used to identify and shape a number of key supporter initiatives. An action plan has been developed by the club’s Commercial & Marketing department and progress will be supported and monitored by the Rangers FC board.

In line with the Club’s commitment to fan engagement and open communication, we are pleased to share to an update on several initiatives that underpin this action plan.

Further updates and announcements will be shared during the course of the season and at the club’s Annual General Meeting in November.

https://issuu.com/rangersfootballclub/docs/fan_update_october_2019

READ THE REPORT HERE.

fanupdate_2.jpg

Edited by BEARGER

I think most fans, for the moment at least, would prefer a successful team on the park rather than nice (but often costly) additions.

Improvement right across the match-day experience is very welcome and necessary but as long as we're winning I doubt many folk really care about the quality of the pies and whether or not they can get on Twitter at half-time.

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

I think most fans, for the moment at least, would prefer a successful team on the park rather than nice (but often costly) additions.

Improvement right across the match-day experience is very welcome and necessary but as long as we're winning I doubt many folk really care about the quality of the pies and whether or not they can get on Twitter at half-time.

Precisely why the people who want things should pay for them.

6 hours ago, Frankie said:

Where do you draw the line?  We could cut the match day experience down to a minimum but we shouldn't. Should we do away with the fanzone too? It should be part of an overall package. 

Improving the catering shouldn't cost us (much). The vans outside give far better catering at a cheaper price, so it shouldn't be difficult for the club to improve. 

I'd welcome a far better Wi-Fi and it'd get me in the stadium earlier and giving the club money if the catering was better. 

33 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Where do you draw the line?  We could cut the match day experience down to a minimum but we shouldn't. Should we do away with the fanzone too? It should be part of an overall package. 

Improving the catering shouldn't cost us (much). The vans outside give far better catering at a cheaper price, so it shouldn't be difficult for the club to improve. 

I'd welcome a far better Wi-Fi and it'd get me in the stadium earlier and giving the club money if the catering was better. 

I'm not saying strip it down and we absolute should look to improve facilities/the experience wherever possible but, for now, and certainly until we win the league again, I'd prefer most investment went into the team.

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

I'm not saying strip it down and we absolute should look to improve facilities/the experience wherever possible but, for now, and certainly until we win the league again, I'd prefer most investment went into the team.

It's difficult to argue against that. I think that the current board seem to have it right though. They've spent money on doing up Ibrox, introducing a fanzone etc, and if they believe that they can make other improvements without it affecting anything on the field then I'm all for it.

Re catering whilst I think cost of pies is overly expensive the cost for tea/coffee/bovril and soft drinks is way over the top.

I know costs have to be met in the prices but tea for example costs £2.50 for a cardboard cup with a tea bag and small UHT milk cartons.These same cups can be bought in Poundland getting at least a dozen for a pound and at same price a packet of 80 tea bags which works out a cost under 10 pence.

Personally as I like a cuppa at half-time I pay the price somewhat grudgingly and feel that the cost could easily be halved and still show a big profit.