Dream Fund & Club1872

On 17/10/2019 at 06:41, the gunslinger said:

I voted against but the membership will decide I guess. 

80%+ will vote for anything that the C1872 board propose, so it's largely a waste of time. 

You'll notice they never give an either/or choice as that would mean the membership had a real choice. It's just yes/no on the board's pre-selected decisions. 

• 2 weeks later...

Project Poll Results - Dream Fund and Walking Football

Club 1872 recently polled members on two potential projects to benefit the Rangers community. The first was to fund Rangers Charity Foundation Dream Days and Christmas Party through their Dream Fund and the second was to support the Rangers Charity Foundation in their provision of a walking football programme for supporters.

The results were as follow:

Dream Fund Project -      

Yes - 97.7%  No - 2.3%

Walking Football Project -    

Yes - 95.7% No - 4.3%

Both projects are therefore passed by the membership and we will communicate progress as they are implemented.

We would again like to thank all Club 1872 members for their support.

Club 1872

I voted for each of these proposals and I will vote for the share purchase too. 

In terms of the projects, the ones proposed seemed to fit with my understanding of what such projects would entail, so I didn't have an issue with them.

Where I would agree though is in relation to the points made about the purpose of C1872 funds and having these clearly stated and, if necessary, tested in terms of membership support.

31 minutes ago, stewarty said:

I voted for each of these proposals and I will vote for the share purchase too. 

It would have been good if you'd been given the option of the cash being spent on shares OR one of the projects. 

The board seen determined to deny that vote. It's always just yes or no. 

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

It would have been good if you'd been given the option of the cash being spent on shares OR one of the projects. 

The board seen determined to deny that vote. It's always just yes or no. 

I'm sure there was a vote about whether C1872 should be allocating funds for shares/projects and what the split should be?

10 minutes ago, stewarty said:

I'm sure there was a vote about whether C1872 should be allocating funds for shares/projects and what the split should be?

Good point. I think contributors can choose whether their payments go 100% into shares or a proportion into other projects. 

The point still stands that we're only given a yes/no option and never a choice between competing projects.

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

Good point. I think contributors can choose whether their payments go 100% into shares or a proportion into other projects. 

The point still stands that we're only given a yes/no option and never a choice between competing projects.

Thats fair.  Although personally so long as the project is the for the benefit of C1872 members and the wider Rangers support, I would like to think that there would not be competition as such, so long as there are funds available.

Perhaps the issue here is whether there is a pipeline of project ideas that are being developed and the stage at which these are brought to the membership for ratification.    I would personally prefer that fully developed and costed ideas only are ratified, as to bring forward things that for varying reasons are not implemented, would only create confusion and additional work for little gain.

On 17/10/2019 at 07:42, chilledbear said:

I stopped my contributions about a year ago, not what I envisaged at all.

Very disappointing.

Maybe I've misunderstood you, but are you saying you didn't envisage your contributions being spent on buying shares?  I thought that was the key purpose of the formation of this Club 1872.

Dream fund aside, walking football ? really?  members funds being used to subsidise other folks hobbies?

I'm not a member so don't have a say and my opinion is irrelevant but funding this sort of thing does absolutely nothing to incentivise me to become a C1872 participant.