BBC on Gordon Neely

45 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Of course, we have to understand that Mark Daly was unable to ask anyone at Ibrox (or Walter and Souness), since our "ban" on Chris McLaughlin severly hampers BBC Scotland's ability to get there and and them ...

He did claim they contacted Rangers' press office three times but got no reply.

Rangers seemed to release a statement to other fan websites last night but isn't on the club's own website for whatever reason.

I note a lack of momentum in progressing BBC Scotland's story.

The Daily Record buried it mid paper, with no journalist named. Further, the Daily Record has closed down it's specific Sellik 'zine, 'Football Scotland' website. Anthony Haggerty has been let go after 20 years.

The Sun's take on the story has been credited to long term Rangers hater, Robert McAulay, and the Herald have utilised former Irish Times Journo', James Delaney.

BBC Scotland's lunch time news bulletin had no time to continue/update in it's fifteen minutes.

I suspect the intention behind Daly's report is to ensure any inquiry in the future includes the Gordon Neely/Rangers connection.

58 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

You have gone off at a tangent here. I’m in no way questioning Rangers statement or motive. I just wonder why the boys parents did not pursue the matter with the police.

Yes this seems very strange to me.

Mine are grown up now but if it were my kids that would be my first consideration 

5 hours ago, Frankie said:

The whole issue of abuse in Scottish football over the last 50 years should be subject to a full public enquiry, forcing all on record, including the figures & authorities involved. Such historic investigations are tricky but justice - no matter the club - should be our priority.

I do have sympathy with Rangers in this case and also wonder about the sensationalist nature of the reporting but if there is any uncertainty at all, then we should welcome any enquiry and, indeed, be at the forefront of it.

We as a club and fan base should be demanding it. It's just what's decent. 

6 hours ago, BEARGER said:

You have gone off at a tangent here. I’m in no way questioning Rangers statement or motive. I just wonder why the boys parents did not pursue the matter with the police.

The men in charge of Rangers at the time were Souness, Smith and head of security was Alistair Hood - who was a retired head constable with Edinburgh Police. These are men with credible reputations, and were the source of information at the time of the alleged incident. 
As soon as they learned of the problem Souness fired Neely.
It is being alleged elsewhere that the parents did not wish to report the matter to the police, and that Alistair Hood did so.
Now this incident happened in the 80s/90s. Not a period of enlightened knowledge of paedo activity as it is today. It is, therefore, plausible that the parents did not want to highlight their son's case publicly and were satisfied with the firing.
Until we get the true facts of the case, rather than the excited hyperbole of a biased Rangers-hater, then it may be better to hold back on speculative musings now.

5 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Yes this seems very strange to me.

Mine are grown up now but if it were my kids that would be my first consideration 

I'm thinking back to when I was around 14 or 15. I suspect that regardless of what my parents felt at that age under no circumstances would I have wanted my peers to know about this. Going to the police could have made it public knowledge.

Martin Hendry SFA Review into Football Child Abuse Chairman: Roles at LGBT Youth, which he founded with James Rennie paedophile, and RC Church compromise any SFA Report.

Martin Henry’s Child Protection Bonafides

Martin Henry is SFA Review Chairman tasked to be leading the SFA Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Football.

https://footballtaxhavens.wordpress.com/2019/10/19/martin-hendry-sfa-review-into-football-child-abuse-chairman-roles-at-lgbt-youth-which-he-founded-with-james-rennie-paedophile-and-rc-church-compromise-any-sfa-report/