[FT] Hearts 1 - 1 Rangers (Morelos 39)

Just listened to last nights gersnet podcast. Seems all on the same page.

Couldnt agree more with Steven as he says there are too many guarantee picks - I never get this in football when a player is well off form over a collective period of substantial time.

19 hours ago, Gaffer said:

There was no danger there until that balls up.  I'm really annoyed with Tav these days.  That's another one that is just a case of him not thinking.  I can accept a lack of luck or a misattemp at doing the right thing but he's making absolute howlers these days.  His positioning there was terrible, otherwise he'd be running forward onto that. Grrrr.

You know Gaffer,  couple of weeks ago I got some angry responses from Bears for pointing out on Twitter that Tav's defensive inadequacy had cost us yer another goal Im temptedd to escalate inadequacy to liability such is the frequency of these howlers. I think his tendency to make crtical faux pas has given the manager a real dilemma to ponder

Edited by D'Artagnan

I haven’t seen the game, only the highlights and the match stats to go on. But both of those were very concerning, 1 shot on target against that lot is pathetic and Hearts had their share of chances. I’m still a bit concerned with the lack of quality in the attacking midfield positions. A strange thing to say given our position in the league yes but often away games are the real tests and we have struggled away so far. 

My take on yesterday centres on the lack of energy in the side. We had four/five players who did not contribute,  Ojo, Aribo, Arfield, Tav'? I know we have a lot of players away on international duty, and some of them involve long journeys. We know what to expect at Tynie, it's a battle, it's frantic, it's atmospheric, it's fractured football at best. In games like Hearts away, shouldn't the manager consider the energy that Docherty brings to the midfield?

Further, yesterday's opening 15-20 minutes; we missed Ryan Jack's presence, those interceptions and considered passes. 

Arfield and Aribo returned from longish international-duty trips. Why start them?

The combination of Ojo, Aribo and Arfield hasn`t clicked before ... and is, IMHO, not the best to tackle certain Scottish sides. Why start them ... AGAIN?!

Not that we haven`t seen this before, but when it simply doesn`t click, why not change it sooner? Arfield and Ojo provided piecemeal stuff, the game essentially by-passed Aribo. That`s essentially 3 men removed from much of our play.

Stewart rattled two Scottish teams on the trott, but only comes in late and after Kent.

Tavernier. How long have we to see this? It is no witch hunt or character assassination, but once more the captain contributed to an opposition goal and handed in another sub-standard performance. His standard. Maybe SG doesn`t want to axe the captain, but there comes a point were you have to act. Polster handed in one solid performance after another ... and had Flanagan be fit, I would assume that Tav would be benched for some time now.

... which all leads to the assumption that the bucket stops with SG. As much as he can lament the lack of class, attitude and performance levels, he holds all the responsibility. Team selection, tactics and substitutions. Why have we got so many quality players and continue to stick to Plan A time and again?

I long for the day when we get Jones, Stewart and Kent as the threesome behind our main striker.

16 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

... which all leads to the assumption that the bucket stops with SG. As much as he can lament the lack of class, attitude and performance levels, he holds all the responsibility. Team selection, tactics and substitutions. Why have we got so many quality players and continue to stick to Plan A time and again?

It is a bit strange that almost no Rangers fan would have started Ojo ahead of Stewart yet we could all predict that it would happen. He seems to me anyway to be a much better player, and if there is a ground in the world where you can guarantee you won't get to use your pace very much it is Tynecastle.

18 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I long for the day when we get Jones, Stewart and Kent as the threesome behind our main striker.

I don't know about that. Neither Kent or Jones are goalscorers. A title winning team needs real goalscorers in those positions. As I say all I saw was the highlights but Kent only featured in those to show that he still shoots like an injured centre back.