• Borna Barisic
    • Glen Kamara
    • Steven Davis
    • Joe Aribo
    • Scott Arfield
    • Sheyi Ojo
    • Alfredo Morelos

• Frankie changed the title to Player Ratings and MotM Poll: Hearts v Rangers

In my opinion only three players turned up for duty yesterday: Davis, Goldson, Barisic. My MOTM vote goes to Connor Goldson, who defended well and whose long ball distribution was excellent at times. A poor team performance to remind us how far we still have to travel.

Morelos, I thought only he and Barasic got pass marks. I'm surprised at the positive comments for Goldson, he was roundly slated on our bus going back from the game, and the general consensus is that he is clearly the 4th best of our 4 centre backs, yet is the only one certain to play. Of course there were many more disappointing performances than his yesterday, Ojo is an empty shirt when the battle is on, Arfield hasnt hit the heights this season, Davis looked like international football is too much for him, (he can play for us or NI but not both!), and of course for the second time in 3 games Tav has cost us a win with a defensive howler, which impacts on his creativity as he tries too hard to force an assist to make up for it and then nothing goes right for him. I wouldnt argue if Polster plays any time soon and Tav is "rested".

Morelos was his usual handful for the opponent, drawing 2 bookings (should have been more) when he has escaped his man, and getting his goal with another cool finish. Barasic contributed and we were far more dangerous looking down that side than Tav's all day long and even more so when Kent came on. I am excited by what that partnership could develop into.

With the bheasts at Pittodrie and us entertaining Motherwell after them on Sunday, we have the chance to outscore them and go back to the top. I dont expect Dolly to get anything from that game (other than bragging rights for hating us more than their guests), but if the tims win 2-0 we can go top by winning 3-0. That is the least I expect from the next round of fixtures. 

Again, this thread is another example of how differently we see things.  I thought Goldson and Barisic would be the only two contenders and yet not only are some of you picking others, but you criticise Goldson's performance.  And then we have Gerrard seeing something different again because he seems to continue to pick Arfield and Tav despite them have howling starts to this season.  It's a game of opinions right enough.