The real reason Sturgeon wants Brexit to fail

3 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Thanks. I hadn't seen that post. 

I think that the moderation of this and other threads is questionable, let’s put it that way. But I’d rather say that on the thread so everyone can see. 

There’s a basic level of respect that Gersnet used to apply that doesn’t any more.  So to see a mod join in... I think it’s time to say something.   

I saw @Gribz has been vocal about this too.  

21 minutes ago, stewarty said:

As per the definition you will find in the dictionary 

I don't quite see that, though.

Those scenarios would be completely unpalatable to parliament, and to the people -- just like the Lib Dems demands -- because they're not Brexit in any meaningful way. It's not constructive if there's no chance of it being taken forward. 

I fully agree that TM was remiss in not reaching out for consensus; or at least not until the very end of her tenure, when it was far too late.

Just now, Rousseau said:

I don't quite see that, though.

Those scenarios would be completely unpalatable to parliament, and to the people -- just like the Lib Dems demands -- because they're not Brexit in any meaningful way. It's not constructive if there's no chance of it being taken forward. 

I fully agree that TM was remiss in not reaching out for consensus; or at least not until the very end of her tenure, when it was far too late.

So essentially you agree?

i agree that gaining a political consensus would have involved lengthy and hard negotiation but any agreement in parliament was impossible because no real attempts were made until it was too late, as you say. 

In other words, the SNP made a constructive contribution that was ignored by an intransigent government.  

24 minutes ago, stewarty said:

I think that the moderation of this and other threads is questionable, let’s put it that way. But I’d rather say that on the thread so everyone can see. 

There’s a basic level of respect that Gersnet used to apply that doesn’t any more.  So to see a mod join in... I think it’s time to say something.   

I saw @Gribz has been vocal about this too.  

You're welcome to report anything you disagree with. 

I'd agree there's a lack of respect at times, but I think that's symptomatic of the wider political debate, which has become more division; there's so much at stake for those involved. We can all try to be more respectful of the views others.

(Gribz was pished. :ninja: )

2 minutes ago, stewarty said:

So essentially you agree?

i agree that gaining a political consensus would have involved lengthy and hard negotiation but any agreement in parliament was impossible because no real attempts were made until it was too late, as you say. 

In other words, the SNP made a constructive contribution that was ignored by an intransigent government.  

No, I don't see SNP or the Lid Dems as being constructive; anything they propose would be unpalatable, and they're not likely to move from that position. 

7 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'd agree there's a lack of respect at times, but I think that's symptomatic of the wider political debate, which has become more division; there's so much at stake for those involved. We can all try to be more respectful of the views others.

He may have been pished but I agreed with what he was getting at.  

I also think that we should set ourselves apart and if folk can’t be civil it should be dealt with properly rather than letting things descend into petty and personal comments.  And I don’t mean at the point where the ref steps in and books both players- that’s just taking the easy route.  

Edited by stewarty

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

No, I don't see SNP or the Lid Dems as being constructive; anything they propose would be unpalatable, and they're not likely to move from that position. 

We will have to agree to disagree on that.  My point being is that was a negotiating position from the SNP to get their votes in parliament.   

There was no attempt made to engage by the government , ergo they did act constructively in my view. 

as for the Lib Dem’s, their change in leadership has seen a change in tone and policy right at the point where battle lines are hardening for a GE.   I personally agree with a PV but that doesn’t seem to have enough support in parliament but I still think that it’s the best way to put this to bed. 

20 minutes ago, stewarty said:

He may have been pished but I agreed with what he was getting at.  

I also think that we should set ourselves apart and if folk can’t be civil it should be dealt with properly rather than letting things descend into petty and personal comments.  And I don’t mean at the point where the ref steps in and books both players- that’s just taking the easy route.  

I couldn't make head nor tail of it. 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Im sorry - And you are?

I suggested you re-write little man.

Wow Ive not even posted in this thread. Roussaeu - you need to take your words back. Admin? Why would you even bring my name up? Ask yourself....

Edited by Gribz