[FT] Porto 1 - 1 Rangers (Morelos 44)

The good news is that it looks like Ryan Jack may well make the starting XI so that will be a huge boost to our midfield.

I think Tav and Arfield will retain their place in the team as well (both are lucky) and Helander should start in favour of Katic (he is unlucky).

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 09:04, Gribz said:

Id perhaps like to see one from Aribo or Arfield sit out for Docherty

The same Greg Docherty who hasn't played a minute of league football all season and only made the bench once (in August). I've seen a few people saying this but we need to get real the gaffer has clearly decided he isn't up to it.

5 minutes ago, DMAA said:

The same Greg Docherty who hasn't played a minute of league football all season and only made the bench once (in August). I've seen a few people saying this but we need to get real the gaffer has clearly decided he isn't up to it.

Why though? Whats the point in having a squad when you dont utilise it? What does it say to the bench when players dont perform for lengthy periods but they dont sit out? If SG seen enough him to sign him then his judgement should be he can be brought in. 

We cant afford only 7 or 8 players turning up against a club as good as Porto. Others deserve a chance.

Docherty might well get his chance at some point but it would be a big surprise if he appeared from nowhere tonight.  You'd imagine that Stewart, Barker and perhaps Murphy remain ahead of him for one of the attacking midfield berths.

2 hours ago, Gribz said:

Why though? Whats the point in having a squad when you dont utilise it? What does it say to the bench when players dont perform for lengthy periods but they dont sit out? If SG seen enough him to sign him then his judgement should be he can be brought in. 

We cant afford only 7 or 8 players turning up against a club as good as Porto. Others deserve a chance.

We've got a huge squad, too big in my opinion. I'm just being realistic, it would be a major surprise if Docherty was brought in from the cold against Ross County never mind Porto away.

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

Docherty might well get his chance at some point but it would be a big surprise if he appeared from nowhere tonight.  You'd imagine that Stewart, Barker and perhaps Murphy remain ahead of him for one of the attacking midfield berths.

Docherty isn’t in the Europa squad so he isn’t playing tonight