[FT] Porto 1 - 1 Rangers (Morelos 44)

I'm pleased with this team for this game, and even if we lose now at least we're going in with the right attitude.  Aribo and Ojo don't work hard enough in defence but both could feature and be effective later in the game.  Gerrard continues to trust Tav, but I'm glad to see him sending a message to Arfield, Ojo and Aribo that they've got some way to go before he trusts them in big games like these.  Arfield will turn it around but he's been off the pace since he returned in the summer.

A little surprised not to see Arfield in the team if nothing else because of his industry.  The selection of Barker (and Kent) who has not had much playing time recently suggests that SG believes we can catch Porto on the break.

4 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

A little surprised not to see Arfield in the team if nothing else because of his industry.  The selection of Barker (and Kent) who has not had much playing time recently suggests that SG believes we can catch Porto on the break.

I think that is the exact plan

McGregor

Tavernier - Goldson - Helander - Bariŝić

Jack - Kamara

Kent - Davis - Barker

Morelos

Subs: Foderingham, Katić, Flanagan, Arfield, Aribo, Ojo, Defoe

Barker straight from the stands, Stewart not even in the bench, Tavernier irreplacable ...

• Frankie changed the title to Porto 1 - 0 Rangers
  • Frankie changed the title to Porto 1 - 1 Rangers (Morelos 44)