[FT] Porto 1 - 1 Rangers (Morelos 44)

3 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

If McGregor made that save everyone would be shouting brilliant save, it was a good save from a good header

It was a good header straight at the keeper. It would have been a great header if he had scored and the place was the opposite corner.

CONNOR GOLDSON has condemned the Porto fans that pelted him and Alfredo Morelos with coins and lighters during Rangers’ Europa League draw last night.

The Gers stars were targeted during their celebrations after Morelos netted a first half equaliser that earned Steven Gerrard’s side a point in the Estadio do Dragao.

Morelos finished off a free-flowing move involving Ryan Kent and Borna Barisic and celebrated behind the goal.

But the moment of joy turned sour as supporters launched objects towards the park and Goldson was seen reacting angrily to the shameful scenes.

Rangers were unfortunate not to take all three points from the tough Group G clash but it was a night of mixed emotions for Goldson.

He said: “It was a good result and a good performance. We have come to a stadium like this, playing against a good side, and we put in a good shift. I think we matched them equally for the whole game so it was very positive.

“We knew before the game that if we wanted get out of the group then we needed some sort of result tonight. This keeps us in contention for that because qualifying for the next round is obviously our aim.

“We have a good chance with two homes still to come so we just need to keep concentrated.

“There were a lot of lighters and coins thrown on. Things were thrown and I got hit by a lighter and a coin. Big Buff got hit as well.

“The referee just told me to stop and walk away. I picked up the lighter and the coin and told him but nothing got done.

“It’s crazy. People come to watch a game of football. I can understand having a passion for your team but at the same time you are coming to watch us as athletes, trying to do the best for our own team. I don’t think that is acceptable.

“At the time I lost my head a little bit. I got the coin and flung it at the board. But as a player there is nothing you can do. You just have to concentrate on your game because they are only trying to wind you up.”

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/17992130.rangers-defender-connor-goldson-condemns-porto-fans-launched-coins-lighters-alfredo-morelos/?ref=twtrec