[FT] Porto 1 - 1 Rangers (Morelos 44)

£20 Million for Morelos look in these days of crazy money that would be giving hi  away add another ten on to that with add one and  a sell on clause of 25 percent. 

Let's just hope it's not the same people who do the transfer business that do the retail contracts  .?

Brilliant performance last night, only downside for me was that our substitutions although almost like for like seemed to weakens us.

Almost felt like 2 points dropped which is tough to say as we played so well. 

Edited by onevision

32 minutes ago, onevision said:

Brilliant performance last night, only downside for me was that our substitutions although almost like for like seemed to weakens us.

Almost felt like 2 points dropped which is tough to say as we played so well. 

I understand where you're coming from, but after that Swiss game, I'll take the point; we could have easily have let it slip away if it wasn't for a double save from McGregor, even if we deserved the win or not. 

25 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I understand where you're coming from, but after that Swiss game, I'll take the point; we could have easily have let it slip away if it wasn't for a double save from McGregor, even if we deserved the win or not. 

I think in spells Porto looked a very dangerous side indeed and there were periods especially in the first half before Alfie struck that I feared for the outcome. On transfermarkt their squad is valued at over £230 million while ours is valued at around £45 million. They have real quality and we still didn't look out of our depth but I wont be taking the home match as a guaranteed points source.

1 hour ago, compo said:

£20 Million for Morelos look in these days of crazy money that would be giving hi  away add another ten on to that with add one and  a sell on clause of 25 percent. 

Let's just hope it's not the same people who do the transfer business that do the retail contracts  .?

Did you notice that in the after match interview Gerrard stated that Morelos is of such importance to both him and Rangers that "we have to keep him here".

I'm hoping that's a hint to the board that no matter what might be offered in January you can't let him go. The video is primed to start at the point he begins to speak of it.

Another factor after last night. With the yahoos getting a win and Rangers a draw that puts Scotland into 18th place in the co-efficiency table while 15th gets an extra Champions League spot. If they and us get a win and a draw between us in our next game while the 3 ahead of Scotland who are Serbia, Cyrpus, and Greece were to get none it would put Scotland into that 15th spot.