[FT] Rangers 2 - 1 Motherwell (Defoe 45+1; Helander 79)

Scottish Premiership

Sunday, 27th Oct 2019, 3:00pm

Ibrox Stadium, Glasgow

AFTER claiming an important Europa League Group G point against Porto last night, Steven Gerrard wants his side to rise to another big challenge on Sunday when Motherwell come to Ibrox.

The Steelmen currently sit third in the Ladbrokes Premiership table and have yet to lose away from home in the league – having won three of their fixtures and drawn one on their travels.

Gerrard expects a tough test against Stephen Robinson’s men and when asked if he could make several changes to his starting eleven on the back of the midweek trip to Portugal, the manager replied: “We’ll freshen it up but it won’t be wholesale changes.

Read more here:

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/ill-not-make-wholesale-changes/

Looking forward to the game today, and hope we can continue our dominant home form after last week’s poor performance at Tynecastle saw us give up our points advantage at the first opportunity.

With the bheasts having their regular “who hates Rangers the most” contest against their friends from the north, I’m not expecting them to drop any points today, but by the time we kick off we will know what we have to do to go back to the top which will be simply to beat their score, so a 2-0 win for them means a 3 goal victory puts us top, which has to be the target today.

As for the line-up, from the clues taken from SG’s presser, I don’t see Kent or Barker starting after a big shift on Thursday, so I can see Ojo & Stewart com8ng back into the side, and with Jack just back from injury it may be Aribo in midfield alongside Davis & probably Kamara although Arfield may fill that deeper role today.

I can’t see anything other than Alfie continuing his sensational form up front although nobody would be too concerned if Defoe got the start to give Morelos a breather.

A straight forward victory today and back on top by 5pm please!