[FT] Rangers 2 - 1 Motherwell (Defoe 45+1; Helander 79)

[FT] Rangers 2 - 1 Motherwell. 

F*ck me, I've aged...

A win's a win. I'll take it any which way. 

I didn't think we played badly at all, but it wasn't going well; we were huffing and puffing, but not taking our chances. 

• Rousseau changed the title to [FT] Rangers 2 - 1 Motherwell (Defoe 45+1; Helander 79)

Far better second than first half, most vital were the three points, which we probably had not got last season.

We had Davis as the creator / holding MF, allowing Aribo and Arfield to get into spaces with Barker and Stewart on the wings. Yet, hardly ever did they get into that gaping hole in front of the area when Defoe was near the goal. Stewart did it on occasion, but as a right winger ... well, maybe people have to grow into their roles more with different players in different slots.

I could write a wee bit about Tavernier, but let's just say: I'd like to see Polster. Not least since he can also slot into DM if Davis ventures forward.

Dallas ... is it just me who thinks that they put in performances like this to NOT end up on the FIFA list of referees and have to earn their corn there by travelling to the wilds of Kazakhstan, Georgia et al?

9 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Far better second than first half, most vital were the three points, which we probably had not got last season.

We had Davis as the creator / holding MF, allowing Aribo and Arfield to get into spaces with Barker and Stewart on the wings. Yet, hardly ever did they get into that gaping hole in front of the area when Defoe was near the goal. Stewart did it on occasion, but as a right winger ... well, maybe people have to grow into their roles more with different players in different slots.

I could write a wee bit about Tavernier, but let's just say: I'd like to see Polster. Not least since he can also slot into DM if Davis ventures forward.

Dallas ... is it just me who thinks that they put in performances like this to NOT end up on the FIFA list of referees and have to earn their corn there by travelling to the wilds of Kazakhstan, Georgia et al?

Quite important your right back covers defensive mid in modern football. 

Honestly rarely seen a dafter statement. The other way round maybe.