• Filip Helander
    • Borna Barisic
    • Scott Arfield
    • Steven Davis
    • Joe Aribo
    • Greg Stewart
    • Brandon Barker
    • Jermain Defoe

Not sure I'll have time to do ratings today but, as usual, you can vote for your MotM from yesterday's game...

Strangely, (Tav aside) I thought our defenders were our best players and, although Davis did well over the piece, I disagreed with the sponsors vote.  I think I'd have to give it to Helander again who was calm and assured throughout, especially near the end of the game where we held firm at the back and obviously his headed goal was superb.  Goldson and Barisic were also very good once more.

Further forward, most players were generally ineffective with only glimpses from most attacking players.  Davis was decent and his shot which led to the opening goal crucial but I thought he just sat a bit too deep at times and he didn't have a good first half.  Aribo, Arfield, Stewart, Barker and Defoe were even less effective and neither Kent nor Ojo provided much of a spark either.

All in all, a bit of a strange game and, as much as Motherwell rarely threatened, I think our centre halves and Barisic were our best players.

Davis for me by a country mile.

With both Aribo and Arfield posted missing for the first half it was left to Davis to collect and make most of the play and was outstanding the full 90mins.

Helander did well and scored the important second goal but he did get caught out a couple of times down the left side in the first half.

I too disagreed with the sponsors vote; Davis played relatvely well but made several bad paasses that could have cost us.  It was one of those games though where just everybody made mistakes and there was no outstanding candidate for me with Borna Barisic being the best.  I might have gone for Kent had he been up there as I thought his introduction got us going.

I went for Helander but I was hovering over the Barisic button too.  Davis was really good but his game is severely affected when those around him fail to perform.  I think his team mates helped make him look bad on three occasions when he lost possession thanks to some slack play from him, but mainly a lack of options.

I am concerned because we don't seem to perform at all when Jack and Morelos are out of the team.  Obviously we need our two best players (in my opinion), but I'm disappointed at just how fragile we become without them.

Having said that, this was a huge three points for us.  It's yet another example of a game we would have drawn or lost in previous seasons.

I'm with @Bill on this one, one of the easiest decisions of the season. Davis was miles ahead of anyone else and was the only one driving us forward.

Helander was solid apart from allowing his man to turn and score which was the first bit of poor defending I have seen from him, but it was a costly mistake. Barasic was next best for me but nobody else got to Davis's standard for me.

Was a hard one to pick this week and not for good reasons this time. I opted for Davis. I actually went for Helander at first totally forgetting that he was largely to blame for their goal! Not a good day at the office but potentially a vital 3 points

Edited by Whosthedado
spelling!