[FT] Ross County 0 - 4 Rangers (Morelos 20, 71; Jack 29, 37)

I am hoping @ian1964 can serve the community once more by finding and posting the tweet/clip from last night which shows Morelos' reaction to being subbed, but even funnier is Gerrard and Defoe laughing at the side of the pitch.  That was pure comedy gold!!!!  ????

For those that missed it, Morelos was looking delighted after scoring his second and obviously contemplating another hat trick.  Just then however he looks up to see Defoe is coming on to replace him.  His face is an absolute picture.  The camera then returns back to Defoe and Gerrard standing together at the touchline.  They are clearly laughing and Defoe even has to put his hands over his face to try to conceal it.  I just laughed out loud when I saw it.  Our football at the moment is quality entertainment on and off he pitch, for all the right reasons.

Edited by Gaffer

5 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I am hoping @ian1964 can serve the community once more by finding and posting the tweet/clip from last night which shows Morelos' reaction to being subbed, but even funnier is Gerrard and Defoe laughing at the side of the pitch.  That was pure comedy gold!!!!  ????

3 hours ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

Stuff Klaxon - I wonder how Bill Leckie is feeling after his ridiculous article from a few days ago. 

Rangers played some of the best football I have ever seen from us against Porto and Bill Leckie decides after the Motherwell match that Celtic are still miles ahead. Give me a break Bill. 

This stuff plays into our hands.  Gerrard will have that stuff up on the dressing room wall the same way Walter used to do.

1 hour ago, stewarty said:

Thoroughly enjoyable viewing last night.

A midfield masterclass from Jack - really pleasing to see him continue to improve his game.  Thoroughly deserved his new contract.

Loved Alfy's petted lip when he was getting subbed.   Exactly what we want to see - a striker who loves playing and scoring.

Pleasing also to see Murphy get 30 minutes.   We miss the clever way he moves and takes up positions to create space.  I'd like to see Murphy and Kent play in the wide forward positions together - what a torrid time they would give defenders.

What was even better about that was the way Gerrard and Defoe stood on the touchline pissing themselves at Alfie's response to being subbed - you could literally see the gaffer internally going "yep, that's exactly the attitude I want to see from my players - disappointment at being brought off even when the game is clearly won".

And you could see from Morelos's demeanour post game that being subbed hadn't bothered him too much as he was laughing and smiling with the rest of the team

When I saw Gerrard and Defoe laughing at Morelos I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

17 minutes ago, craig said:

What was even better about that was the way Gerrard and Defoe stood on the touchline pissing themselves at Alfie's response to being subbed - you could literally see the gaffer internally going "yep, that's exactly the attitude I want to see from my players - disappointment at being brought off even when the game is clearly won".

And you could see from Morelos's demeanour post game that being subbed hadn't bothered him too much as he was laughing and smiling with the rest of the team

When I saw Gerrard and Defoe laughing at Morelos I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

The difference in his performances now that his attitude is more mature is great.   What are we talking about now in terms of sale price - £30m? :)

The difference in his performances now that his attitude is more mature is great.   What are we talking about now in terms of sale price - £30m? :)

At the time I thought Defoe's arrival might put his nose even further out of joint but it seems to have had the opposite effect.  

he's worth more than that but it's finding a buyer prepared to pay more. 

Hopefully we get another year at least out of him.