SNP election pitch focuses on Brexit and Scottish independence... Shock!!

Nicola Sturgeon " If the SNP win this election, for any Westminster politician to seek to stand in the way of an independence referendum would be seeking to ignore the democratic wishes of the Scottish people and I don't think it will be a position that any Westminster politician will be able to stick to."

Strange. I thought her MPs were part of the Westminster institution and participate in democratic government of the UK?  If so, why does she think that the views of other MPs on another referendum are not valid when her MPs have a vote on issues that do not effect their constituents, such as the Heathrow extension and HS2 and have also spent the last 3 years helping to block the results of the UK wide referendum in 2016, just because they didn't agree with the result? 

At the 2014 Scottish independence referendum the YES vote got 1.6million votes and lost. 

I believe a Westminster government would insist before any future Scottish independence referendum(not that I see another one any time soon) that the number of SNP G.E. votes exceeds that number.

There is no chance of that happening 

12 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

At the 2014 Scottish independence referendum the YES vote got 1.6million votes and lost. 

I believe a Westminster government would insist before any future Scottish independence referendum(not that I see another one any time soon) that the number of SNP G.E. votes exceeds that number.

There is no chance of that happening 

What makes you believe that?

Labour and the SNP in an alliance of desperate back-stabbers. Neither trust the other an inch but neither capable of winning power for themselves. Labour will guarantee indyref2 in return for supporting a minority Labour government. SNP will support Labour at Westminster in return for an early independence vote and Brexit concessions.. In the end of course neither will get anything.

“The Scotland we seek is open, welcoming, diverse and inclusive and no Tory is ever going to be allowed to change that”

What a load of guff. If she trying to say that the rest of the UK isn't welcoming, diverse and inclusive? I would bet their are more people of non British origin in London than their are in Scotland, Wales and N Ireland put together. 

The lady is talking out of her derriere.