A vote for Labour is a vote for ... ?

3 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I wouldn't say I'm getting value at the moment from BT despite paying £80 a month exc. BT Sport. As a tax payer I'm fed up with seeing my money squandered on ferry companies with no ferries, tv ads. telling us to get ready for 31st Oct. and so on. Maybe we can lop off some of the branches of the magic money tree used to pay Mr. DUP for instance. I receive a small BT pension and  the CWU have released a statement assuring everybody that little will change for employees who will all get TUPE and that they will work with government to ensure protection for Virgin etc. Not a big deal really; any objections are mainly ideological.

The CWU approach is totally Ideological - they may tell their members one thing, but tell that to the vast majority of employees and deferred pension holders who are still shareholders. I wouldn't let Corbyn and McDonnell run my bath, let alone run the deployment of infrastructure that is already being done.

If you are paying £80 and that does not include a Sport package, i suggest you haggle or switch suppliers as in the highly competitive Telecoms market there are always better deals to be had. I pay £50, including Sport, TV, BB and mobile calls/texts with 12gb data PM. 

1 minute ago, ChelseaBoy said:

The CWU approach is totally Ideological - they may tell their members one thing, but tell that to the vast majority of employees and deferred pension holders who are still shareholders. I wouldn't let Corbyn and McDonnell run my bath, let alone run the deployment of infrastructure that is already being done.

If you are paying £80 and that does not include a Sport package, i suggest you haggle or switch suppliers as in the highly competitive Telecoms market there are always better deals to be had. I pay £50, including Sport, TV, BB and mobile calls/texts with 12gb data PM. 

But BT still has a monopoly on the lines, no? I still have unlimited broadband though - maybe that's why it's dear.

Just now, alexscottislegend said:

Apparently only about 10% have the full fibre version compared to 70% in other countries.

That is because BT were prevented by Gov from beginning the rollout years ago as they wanted to establish a competitive Telecoms market. 

First with Mercury, then NTL/Telewest that became Virgin, and now the countless other ISPs or Network deployment company's. 

This technology was available years ago, and its going to take 10 years to cover the UK. 

1 minute ago, alexscottislegend said:

But BT still has a monopoly on the lines, no? I still have unlimited broadband though - maybe that's why it's dear.

You probably have Fibre to the cabinet as 15m households are connected this way but its not true Fibre to the Premise. Unless you are one of the lucky 1m households already connected? 

You pay whoever is the supplier of the Broadband for the line as they buy it off Openreach.  

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Which other countries?

Portugal is often quoted in Europe , but the real kings of fibre are South Korea and other SE Asian countries where most people are centralised in a few large towns and apartment living is common such as Japan.  

TBH, if most people had 50 mb provided by Fibre to the Cab that would be enough for 75% of households currently , but those with multiple smart devices and gaming would need more - but truly a 500 mb to 1gb fibre connection would be overkill for everyone. 

5 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Portugal is often quoted in Europe , but the real kings of fibre are South Korea and other SE Asian countries where most people are centralised in a few large towns and apartment living is common such as Japan.  

TBH, if most people had 50 mb provided by Fibre to the Cab that would be enough for 75% of households currently , but those with multiple smart devices and gaming would need more - but truly a 500 mb to 1gb fibre connection would be overkill for everyone. 

Agreed. Whats coming from Labour is a bit like saying everyone should be driving a Ferrari when most people's needs are fully satisfied with their current car.

Mr Corbyn says that this free broadband will bring about jobs sorry cant see it but it will mean someone like me very comfortably off will be getting it free 

I suspect a rat as they're is no such thing as a free lunch .

Edited by compo