General Election 2019

36 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

I'm not sure they would be impoverished by the deal, but it certainly wasn't the deal the DUP were expecting. The deal does go further than the May deal, but elements of trade will be treated differently - but that will not have an impact on NI prosperity but possibly politically. The Tories did do some slight of hand, but being between a rock and a hard place i'm not sure where else they could have gone, but i do not think this has fatally holed Unionism as unlike the May deal, they will get the chance to vote to end or alter the trade mechanism. 

I think there's still some contention about how the consent mechanism for the trade arrangement would work - does anyone have details on the final outcome? The last time I spoke to someone about this they expessed concern that any Unionist objections could be stymied in Stormont - it didn't seem the case that a simple majority of Unionists could bring about a change - but admittedly that information is a few weeks old.

6 minutes ago, Thinker said:

I think there's still some contention about how the consent mechanism for the trade arrangement would work - does anyone have details on the final outcome? The last time I spoke to someone about this they expessed concern that any Unionist objections could be stymied in Stormont - it didn't seem the case that a simple majority of Unionists could bring about a change - but admittedly that information is a few weeks old.

I thought it was a simple majority that would reverse it, i was sure i had read that somewhere but will check now you have planted a seed of doubt in my mind ;) 

Holy shit! I have just watched a recording of Corbyn’s interview by Andrew Neil and I think I can officially say the old antisemite is toast, dead in the water, totally stuffed. There’s no way he could ever recovered from what must be the greatest car crash performance by any politician since the dawn of time. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone so utterly eviscerated before. Not surprisingly, with his guts strewn on the ground before him, Corbyn was finding it difficult to breathe by the end.

5 hours ago, Bill said:

Holy shit! I have just watched a recording of Corbyn’s interview by Andrew Neil and I think I can officially say the old antisemite is toast, dead in the water, totally stuffed. There’s no way he could ever recovered from what must be the greatest car crash performance by any politician since the dawn of time. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone so utterly eviscerated before. Not surprisingly, with his guts strewn on the ground before him, Corbyn was finding it difficult to breathe by the end.

I wonder who in hell advises this fool .

2 hours ago, compo said:

I wonder who in hell advises this fool .

A bunch of leftie dreamers with no connection to the real world.

Labour should try to find talent among the horny handed sons of toil and ditch the yoonie loonies.

On 27/11/2019 at 01:12, Bill said:

It was very bad indeed.

I wonder how it appears to the less engaged viewer though.