General Election 2019

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Daft comment.  Let's keep criticism of these parties (both of which I find extremely annoying) sensible, otherwise you veer into their delusional territory. 

How is it delusional? Voting for SNP and Lib Dems takes seats off the Tories and they both want Johnson out and Corbyn as PM. Corbyn and McDonnell are ideologically Marxist and will aggressively pursue policies in that direction. 

34 minutes ago, DMAA said:

How is it delusional? Voting for SNP and Lib Dems takes seats off the Tories and they both want Johnson out and Corbyn as PM. Corbyn and McDonnell are ideologically Marxist and will aggressively pursue policies in that direction. 

Voting SNP and Lib Dem might take seats off Labour, depending what constituency you live in. 

25 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Voting SNP and Lib Dem might take seats off Labour, depending what constituency you live in. 

Yes I accept that my comment was simplistic in that in some seats it is a two horse race between 2 of those 3.

But in many seats a vote for those is a vote for a party who have more or less promised to make Corbyn PM if the Tories fall short of a majority. 

Yesterday, from the Tories, I got three leaflets, a letter from Ruth Davidson, an email and a telephone call all of this on top of several previous leaflets, emails and one ‘phone call.

From the three other parties standing, I’ve had a total of four leaflets throughout the campaign.

Mercifully the landscape has not been cluttered with lunatic posters. Usually the SNP go berserk with that sort of stuff.

All in all it’s low key for which I’m grateful but I’ll still be glad when it’s over.

12 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Yesterday, from the Tories, I got three leaflets, a letter from Ruth Davidson, an email and a telephone call all of this on top of several previous leaflets, emails and one ‘phone call.

From the three other parties standing, I’ve had a total of four leaflets throughout the campaign.

Mercifully the landscape has not been cluttered with lunatic posters. Usually the SNP go berserk with that sort of stuff.

All in all it’s low key for which I’m grateful but I’ll still be glad when it’s over.

Which constiuency? I heard similar from somone in the Stirling area. They must be piling the funding into the marginals because I've had one token Tory leaflet. Only door to door I've had is SNP which is surprising because because it's a seat Labour desperately want to hold onto.

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Which constiuency?

Moray. Traditionally Conservative but usurped by the Ewing mafia for a while. I’d vote for the local guy on his own merit. His problem is a last minute intervention by UKIP which may cost 1,000 votes.

SNP haven’t risked one of their nomenklatura so they must reckon it’s a loser.

11 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Moray. Traditionally Conservative but usurped by the Ewing mafia for a while. I’d vote for the local guy on his own merit. His problem is a last minute intervention by UKIP which may cost 1,000 votes.

Is that Douglas Ross?

35 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

YouGov's MRP poll predicted a Tory hold in Moray but only just, it's basically a toss-up. Unfortunately it predicted 2-3 North East seats flipping to SNP but we shall see.